Bought Radiator and hoses yest. now overheating lol.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
Hey guys. I bought me racing radiator yesterday and now the DA is overheating. I got to work 3 hours late. I am sure it is the thermo because the hoses are hot, fans work, Good fluid level, Belts are tight. the weird thing is that one of the fans stays on when the key is out. I think it is just for cooling the radiator off but I have never seen that before. It turns off after the temp cools down.

ok so whould you guys be able to confirm my suspisions regarding the thermo?

Thanks in advance.

(edit) The radiator has not arrived yet.

acclude

cheap bastard
It is very likely that it's the thermostat, but it could also be blockage somewhere in the system (did anything fall in the water necks while you were working yesterday?), or it could be an air pocket from not bleading the coolant system.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I wouldn't be suprised one bit if there is still air in there. Once I get my radiator I will get that vacuum to suck the air out. do you know what it is called?

Spody02

Name: Cody
a vacuum? lol

all you have to do is let it run with the radiator cap off
top off as need and watch all the bubbles come out

let it run for like good 20-30 mins

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
ok. I just heard there was a tool you could use that sucks all of the air out of the system. ok so at what point do you throw the cap back on. before or after the burns? jk. let me know and thanks.

1cln_4dr

Sometimes If U Dont Get The Air Pockets Out You'll Run Across Head Gasket Problems So After U Bleed The System And It Still Over Heat Invest In A Head Gasket Water Pump And Timing Belt Cuz Ur Gonna Need It

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I am replacing everything in the near future this is just for the time being. Thanks a ton for the info though. If anyone ever finds the name of the tool used to suck the air out o fthe system please let me know

grimslight

if you think its the thermostat take out the thermostat and put it in a pan of water on the stove when the water boils if it opens then its not the therostat. Thats an easy way to test that.

acclude

cheap bastard
na, the fan is operating like it should. It stays on until the car reaches a certain temp and then it cuts off. It will do that with the keys in or out.