bouncing idle???

luvda2ndgenteg

i rebuilt my engine and it started right up but the idle bounces do you think it could be those nobs behind the intake manifold? i think i moved one a few times well i was rebuilding

92_JDM

im having the same problem.
but my is stock b18a. i ask one of my friend
to check and see why is it bouncing and he said something
about is leaking air in either the intake or the somewhere around
the manifold. sorry cant help. im trying to figure it out the same.

treybombRW

i've seen that sort of thing happen on my gf's 90 ls. it happened to her car after the FITV was cleaned in a half ass way. clean the FITV and IACV properly. unless u already did that. does the bouncing idle jump from approx 1300 rpm - 2300 rpm with about a 1.5 sec interval between jumps?

Grot

My 91 LS has the idle bounce, around the Same RPM.

It seems to go away once the engine is warmed up though.

92_JDM

My idle bounce from 0-1 k rpm only when is warm up. it does not bounce that high.
My some time does not bounce so it stay between 0 and 1 so that is normal. but when it
does it feels like my car was going to die.

DAWGSwlms22

mine did the same thing. im not sure what caused it, but it eventually fixed itself. haha. but, one of my friends told me that it bouncing, is normal, kinda. its just the motor is idling high. the injectors open themselves until a certain RPM mark, and once they hit it, they close, sending the RPMs back down, then the injectors open, sending the RMPs back up, and the cycle continues. well, its something like that, i cant remember exactly what he told me about it.

luvda2ndgenteg

my idle fixed itself for the most part it only happens once in like 2 weeks very wierd