bov not releasing pressure

01lsturbo

hey i got just recently got my motor swap and there is a leak by the exhaust manifold due to i need a new gasket but the bov was working and how all of a sudden the bov does not work is there any reason why its doing this?? i switch bov to a stock dsm and still does the same thing i was looking into the bov i can see the spring in the bov not closed all the way when its at idle. is it due to not enough pressure due to the leak by the exhaust manifold??

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The BOV has nothing to do with the exhaust. Check the vacuum line that supplies the BOV. Make sure it's hooked up properly and not clogged or leaking

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
well, it kinda does... if the turbo isn't making pressure, the BOV won't go off. :what:

you'd have to have a hella big exhaust leak tho. lol

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The BOV stays closed under boost and only opens once it sees vacuum in the intake manifold.

patrick4588

Integra God
just think of it as the vacuum pulls the bov open kutch!

01lsturbo

last time i checked they were all still on i'll double check them also but they are clamped on pretty tight

01lsturbo

hey well i checked my charge pipes everythings in tacked and from the bov it is sucking air through it while idling is that suppose to happen?? is it due to not enough pressure to keep the bov closed?? is there a diagram showing the routes of boost lines?? if so whats the link?? i need help on this asap thanks

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If you are using a stock 1G DSM BOV then yes, it may stay slightly open at idle. If you are using a stock 2G DSM BOV, then throw it in the trash, slap yourself for putting that on your car, and get a different BOV....LOL

It only closes once it sees a slightly more vacuum. Then it only reopens again under hard vacuum....i.e. slamming the throttle closed (shifting) The 1G DSM piece is technically a compressor bypass valve, not a blow-off valve.

The only line going to it should be the vacuum source from the intake manifold.

01lsturbo

okay well i got the 2nd gen 1g dsm on i just switched out last night cuz i thought it was due to my tial bov cuz the tial bov doesn release anything and i have an aem fuel regulattor on my fuel rail and my vacuum lines are T'd off of that also to the intake manifold vacuum line is that correct??