Brake help

mibecho

I changed the abs accumulator and modulator. I bleed it several times and the brakes doesn't work. The pedal goes all the way down. I checked the lines I don't see no leaks. I tookout all the fluid and filled it and bled it again. Anyone has any ideas that can help.

mdtsdca

Your mc might be going bad. Were there any other problems before you changed the accumulator and modulator?

mibecho

No just the modulator. That was what Acura dealer told me. My cousin suggested that. Any way I can test that??

Theasian

I would keep blessing it. If air gets in there it is a bitch to get it all out. My sug is gravity nowadays the system for about 30 minutes

Beat92240

I would agree with master cylinder. They would even blow out on guys doing fluid exchanges in the honda garage sometimes. When doing a fluid exchange follow these steps:

1) Bleed the system IN THE CORRECT ORDER! Bleed sequence is NOT always RR, RL, FR, FL. ALWAYS check the bleed sequence for your year car:
94-97 integra: RR-LF-LR-RF
98-01 integra: LF-RF-RR-LR
2) Gently pump the pedal no more than half the distance to the floor. If you start by pressing the pedal all the way to the floor to build pressure you WILL blow the seals in the master cylinder. Do this until you start getting close to your normal pedal resistance
3) Start the car
4) Again gently pump the pedal about half the distance of pedal travel to the floor until you get your desired pedal feel.

mibecho

Thank you guys. It was the master cylinder and the system had a lot of dirt in it. The brakes worked after I thoroughly flushed it out several times. The problem is now the abs modulator is acting bad.