Brake issue

JP89Integ

I had some problems a while back, I lost the brakes do to a broken line. Had the brake booster replaced and a lot of other work to get it running pretty good. I'm in Philadelphia for college and I was leaving to go back home. Got out on the highway and everything was fine. Then I noticed that it was getting sluggish. The engine was straining more to accelerate. The brake pedal got really stiff and the brake light went on. I was in the passing lane and hit traffic. I came to a stop and then went to move into the other lane so I could pull over. It barely got moving enough for me to get off the road. I shut it off and a penndot truck came up behind me. When I turned the car back on to move so he could tow me, the brakes were back to normal. I just turned around and came back. The brake light is still on and I definitely anticipate them locking up again. Anyone else ever have this issue? Could it just be from shotty work from the garage?

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
It could be that one or more of the brake calipers is failing to disengage. The caliper(s) could need a rebuild which is simply a dis-assembly, boot replacement and re-assembly. It could also be that you need to completely flush your fluid to replace it or just to fill the reservoir.

However, it might not be a brake issue at all.

Did the problem show up instantly or did it begin and then intensify each time you used the brakes?

JP89Integ

Called the shop. He said that it could be dirt in the lines or possibly a blockage, like a line degraded and a piece is lodged in somewhere. The issue did seem to increase the more I used the brakes although being on the highway, I didn't use them much. They felt fine before the highway then once I got going, thats when the pedal firmed up. Then when I hit traffic and had to stop, thats when it got really bad.

CJ € racer

if there's dirt in ur lines then i would sudjust flushing and put new fluid.if not. cheak all the lines that leads to the brakes. start from wer the brake booster is at then look under.u may have a bent tube wer the tube gose right at the botom of the firewall.something could of hit it. i might be wrong but just something to look for.

JP89Integ

Well after looking at the booster and the lines, there doesn't seem to be any kinks or dents. The brake fluid was low though so I topped it off. Drove it a few blocks, pumped the brakes quite a bit. Just tried to get the brakes to firm up again if possible but they didn't. I doubt the low brake fluid was the only culprit but as of now it seems the issue has gone. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. While idling, the engine does vibrate a good amount which could be messing with the brake system.... Bad engine mount?

CJ € racer

Well after looking at the booster and the lines, there doesn't seem to be any kinks or dents. The brake fluid was low though so I topped it off. Drove it a few blocks, pumped the brakes quite a bit. Just tried to get the brakes to firm up again if possible but they didn't. I doubt the low brake fluid was the only culprit but as of now it seems the issue has gone. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. While idling, the engine does vibrate a good amount which could be messing with the brake system.... Bad engine mount?
o then it might of just bin air that mest the brakes from stoping but mabe idk so yea be cutious:shock: and i thing the shakeing is normal cause mines do that too like wen i press the brakes a copule of times.