"BRAKE" light coming on!

mattr89lxi

so when i turned my car on today my brake light stayed on! but then i threw it in drive and it went away! then i put it back in park and it came back...but then i drivwe off and it started flashing! on my way home it would turn ON when i took offf from a stop sign and would turn OFF when i braked! you think my fluids low??

** i took off my muffler yesterday and when i was pulling it out it fell and hit the lower control arm and the brake line....maybe i pinched the line? how do i test my brakes to find the leak??

please help guys i really dont think it will be gude to not have brake when i need them!

ddman

I have the same problem with my teg. Break light comes on the first time I drive it in the morning, then it will work fine the next time I drive it. And sometimes the break light stays on while I'm driving, then goes off if I step on the breaks. The previous owner told me she recently replaced the rear rotors in jiffy lube, I guess those guys did a lousy job. I already checked the fluids and break switches and they are good. I haven't checked the break lines though. So, guys please help. If this is common to integras, please help us how to troubleshoot this. thx!

mattr89lxi

I have the same problem with my teg. Break light comes on the first time I drive it in the morning, then it will work fine the next time I drive it. And sometimes the break light stays on while I'm driving, then goes off if I step on the breaks. The previous owner told me she recently replaced the rear rotors in jiffy lube, I guess those guys did a lousy job. I already checked the fluids and break switches and they are good. I haven't checked the break lines though. So, guys please help. If this is common to integras, please help us how to troubleshoot this. thx!
hhmm yeah the day i noticed it was the first day this year cold enough that my windows had thick frost on them when i got out of work ...and you said that it happends in the mornings could it be something to do with it being soo cold? i just hate have warning lights lit on my dash

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I had this issue and pulled off my lid to the break fluid and then snapped it back on and poof it was fixed lol

mattr89lxi

well i havent drove it since the day the light was coming on but was out there this morning trying to figure it out and i pulled the lid off to check the fluid and when i turned the car on after that the light didnt turn on at all but i work 20 miles from my house so if its gon turn back on it should before i get to work..

if not 99sil-teg you gotz da numba 1 answer! thankz everybudy for your help!!! hopefully it dont turn back on!

ddman

I'll try that lid when I get home tonight, hopefully it will fix it.

mattr89lxi -- I hear you man, that warning light on the dash is really annoying. BTW, how's the weather up there? I used to live in boise but moved to CA several yrs ago, i still root for the broncos!

mattr89lxi

ddman its cold this year we've already had snow twice this month! it going to be a long winter...i hate snow!!! but yeah i hope the lid thing works for you too! ill let you guys know if it worked for me tonight when i get home from work...i also am going to try to post some update pics of my car soon!