brake light staying on

r0g3r16

so for the past few days when i go to start my car in the morning my brake light stays on, it only does it when the temperature is around 55 or 60 over night and stays on till it gets warmer the e brake isn't on and my brake fluid is good any one have any idea why that light stays on?

r0g3r16

no i didn't.. but didn't exactly looked real good either ill check today again. if i do what would that mean?

redrocket

no i didn't.. but didn't exactly looked real good either ill check today again. if i do what would that mean?
Well there is a little plastic piece up under the dash near the base of the brake pedal that is round with a pointy end on it. It becomes brittle and cracks/falls out, It serves a stop for the brake switch.

JohnCarter

Stuck/sticking brake light switch. Cheap part. Easy fix.

So Breazy

I believe there is a sensor under the shaft of your e-brake. Check for any debris or object near or around it. I had the same problem, there was a triple a battery under mine -_-

r0g3r16

I believe there is a sensor under the shaft of your e-brake. Check for any debris or object near or around it. I had the same problem, there was a triple a battery under mine -_-
checked that out and didnt find anything in the way of that sensor