Brake lights don't work.

camopaint0707

For whatever reason, my brake lights don't work anymore. All the other lights work fine. Taillights, turn signals, reverse lights, headlights, front parking lights. I checked all the fuses under the dash and they are good to go. There is no power to the bulbs in the back. The bulbs work because I checked them on a car with working brake lights. The brakes also work fine still. Any help please? I don't want to have to rewire the entire brake light system.

perez102987

Does your car shift into gear? If so then maybe a connector leading to both lock up a etm schematic of that circuit then figure it out.

Trace the wires from where you know you have power back to the spot you don't have power. You might find a grounded wire or something simple like that.

camopaint0707

Yeah if I have to trace wires I might just rewire the brake lights. It's a manual and it does shift into gear. It's also a 1995.

blueteggyb20b

There is a switch at the top of the pedal under the dash check that it may be bad. That is if your running lights work and just not you brake lights.

There is a switch at the top of the pedal under the dash check that it may be bad. That is if your running lights work and just not you brake lights.
Usually if that switch goes the lights stay on constantly. If the plunger got stuck down for some reason it could be the problem. It's a long shot, but it's a possibility.

ramx29

Question does your horn works too ? if it docent work change the horn and stop fuse under the hood , the horn and brake lights are on the same circuit .This happened to my old cb7 once I hope it helps

picture below its 20amp