Brake problem! I NEED HELP

jhun87

94 Ls
My 94 Ls has some problems concerning the breaks, not sure what it is.. I was thinking i need to replace the break pads already but they're still good though but it could be something else too... when i push in the break pedal it sinks in than it normal position to the point where it can touch the floor already.. sometimes i get scared on a full stop downhill and my car will start rolling when i'm really steppin on the breaks and all i can do is pump it back... I REALLY NEED HELP, I don't know what it is. Low pressure somewhere maybe? Break pads needs replacement?

Juk3z

When your brake pads need to be replaced you can hear it & feel it in the brake pedal. When the pads get bad enough you an hear metal to metal grinding. As far as your pressure goes Im guessing either brake line or maybe your missing a caliper. I bought a 00 Maxima that the PO neglected a brake change and the rotors where shot and pretty much no pads and the front passenger side calipers was missing thus giving me that no pressure feel in the brake pedal. Give us more INFO!

Juk3z

Also you SHOULD NOT drive when your car is in this condition, you can actually get into trouble with the law if a cops notices these things. You will have a nice hefty fine(s) and force your car to go through a inspection, at least in CT that's the way they roll.

Juk3z

jdmjim- Now assuming the MC for the brakes works just the same as the MC for the clutch, when my MC for my clutch went on my EG its gave me no play to even put it in gear while the car was on. Now thus saying that wouldn't that mean that he wouldn't even come to a stop cuz the brake pedal is pretty much useless? He says he was to pump which makes me think brake line.
Thanks Brian!I

mjones73

bad master cylinder
+1

As the seals go in it, it can't hold pressure, hence the reason you need to pump it.

If he had a bad brake line he'd be losing fluid, it sounds like a bad MC to me too.

As for a missing caliper, that would be pretty obvious, specially since he just put new pads on it.

jhun87

94 Ls
How much would it cost me for a MC? and what should i do for the brake lines if it is the brake lines.

Really appreciate for all the replies.. this helps a lot.

As far as info about it.. that is all I could say so far.. Unless you guys throw at me some questions about the condition of my brakes and i'll try to answer it... and again, Thanks a lot.

mjones73

How much would it cost me for a MC? and what should i do for the brake lines if it is the brake lines.

Really appreciate for all the replies.. this helps a lot.

As far as info about it.. that is all I could say so far.. Unless you guys throw at me some questions about the condition of my brakes and i'll try to answer it... and again, Thanks a lot.
Check your local auto parts store, mine has new ones for 95 and remans for 65ish. If you're going to replace it yourself, make sure you bleed the entire braking system of air once you're done. It's going to require jacking up the car to get all 4 tires off and someone to help you with the actual bleeding process.