Brake problem on my DA and other queries need help

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
1.) recently i got a '92 RS DA.. but it was stocked for i think almost 2 years, so all the brake calliper's and rotors are rusted but now it's all cleaned and working(but not working good) the front right brake stocks a bit and the rear left too.. my problem is when i step on the brakes slowly it goes all the way down the floor but when i step on it a bit hard it acts normal and stops normal too.. could it be the brake master or should i bleed more the brakes?...

2.) and my CEL is on, i haven't diagnosed it yet because im always at work.. where can i find the CEL codes for the blinking light?..

3.) and lastly a noob question, how to hook up the speed cable properly to the tranny? everytime i try to hook it up i can't get it right, the speedo needle always goes up to 120km/h even if i'm just about to roll...

TIA!

g3teg97

Super Moderator
1. bleed the brakes again. Could be master or slave cylinder (has either of those been replaced)?
2. Take it to discount auto parts to get CEL checked. It'll tell you want it wrong along with a code number.
3. Check the helms manual on this, sorry don't have experience with this.

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
thanks for the reply g3teg97..

1.) nope not yet, since i got the car last month i didn't replace it yet.. i just bleed the brakes and that's it... i'll bleed the brakes again and give you an update...

2.) where is discount auto parts? and how much do they charge for that?

3.) ok.. ill try to sneak one...lol...

and another problem, there's a fuel leaking by the gas tank but i don't know where its coming from.. everytime the fuel leaks the car is very hard to start, you have to crank it like 10x before it starts...

TIA again!...

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
update:

I found out that the gas leaking was coming from the gas tank itself, the center of the gas tank where the upper part and the lower part is welded. it was so rusted. so I have to replace the whole gas tank now..

and for the brakes, I decided to replace the caliper so it will be easy for me to work on... but there's one thing bugging me because the calipers that I got came from a DA with some kind of ABS i forgot if it is LBD or LDB..lol... does it matter if I install it to my car? mine doesn't have any ABS thingy...

Thanks!

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
update:

i already replaced the gas tank, no gas leaks anymore and the response of the engine improves a bit and I think my gas consumption will also improve a bit because with the leaking gas tank i'm consuming 5liters of gas a day...lol