brakes and tranny ?'s

se7en-mm

is there any brake upgrade that would work with a 91 rs by upgrades i mean from another integra that would just bolt right up say from a GS-R or anything, or do they all have the same brake setup on the front and rear.??

and for the b18a1 motor is there another tranny that would just bolt right up that is a little stronger to handle boost? im just asking right now so i know in the future,

thanks

tilegend

most people opt to either get the ITR brake setup, calipers & rotors.

or you can get the Legend GS calipers (dual pistons) or the 91-96 NSX dual caliper pistons and Prelude VTEC rotors, re-drill them to 4x100 bolt pattern.

some minor modifications but these are basically the most popular options.

se7en-mm

most people opt to either get the ITR brake setup, calipers & rotors.

or you can get the Legend GS calipers (dual pistons) or the 91-96 NSX dual caliper pistons and Prelude VTEC rotors, re-drill them to 4x100 bolt pattern.

some minor modifications but these are basically the most popular options.
thats what i was looking for the dual piston calipers, what year legend would work and also would either the legend or nsx calipers mount right up? same mounting bolts and what nots,

as for the rotors what year vtec prelude any year as long as its vtec? redrilling should not be that hard i wouldnt think.

i forgot is that just for the front and or the rears or is the rears fine stock since most stopping power comes from the front

Last edited:

tilegend

just go itr, will save you a headache in the long run
its not a completely a bolt on affair either since the 97-01s ITR rotors are 5x114.3, forgot to mention that.

anyways you're looking for the 92-96 Prelude VTEC rotors.... or you can go on fastbrakes.com they have a 4x100 redrilled ITR Spec rotors.

Legend GS calipers are 94-95 GS, some modification has to be done to the caliper bracket.

theres a thorough write up on g2ic.com and i believe thats basically it for the fronts.

fastbrakes.com already has a rear kit also

Last edited:

mirrorimg

I recently saw some one selling some machines porsche calipers with some rsx rotors for $800. Rotors were drilled for 4lug, but I dont rmember the site. The seller stated that they were much lighter than NSX rotors, something like 7 lbs lighter overall?

Found it on clubcivic
Porche upgrade

Last edited:

se7en-mm

appreciate all the help ill probably go with the GS or NSX Calipers with prelude vtec rotors. thanks for all the help. I figured since i need to replace my bearings and my brakes need replaced soon i would figure out what i could do for some sort of upgrade..

i would like to do something for the rear but i can figure that out l8r on. i dont want to buy kits already made when i can buy the parts individualy and put it together. just seems cheaper in long run

thanks

se7en-mm

bringing up an old subject but i dont want to make a new post,

so if i were to use the nsx rotors, im only assuming that common sense is to use nsx pads right?

tilegend

you cannot use NSX rotors. use the prelude VTEC rotors.

you get pads according the the caliper & caliper bracket.

tilegend

lol i feel retarded i meant to say nsx calipers, my bad. how bout nsx pad with nsx calipers

is that better ??
NSX brake pads are not special or anything...

Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 1999-97 ACURA CL - 3.0L, V6
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 2001-97 ACURA INTEGRA - Type "R"
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 1995-91 ACURA LEGEND
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 2004-91 ACURA NSX
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 1998-96 ACURA RL
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 1998-95 ACURA TL
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 1994-92 ACURA VIGOR
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 2002-98 HONDA ACCORD COUPE - V6
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 2002-95 HONDA ACCORD SEDAN - V6
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 1997-91 HONDA ACCORD WAGON
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 2001-97 HONDA CR-V
Front Brake Pads FMSI(D503) 1998-95 HONDA ODYSSEY