Brakes are sticking, bad.

tommyp484

It seems like all 4 of them are, what are the chances that could happen? I dont really want to buy 4 new calipers -_-
I have braided brake lines all the way to the master cylinder. And i did notice where it connects to the master cylinder it did have brake fluid on it. They stick so bad from a stop i have to give it alot of gas just to move sometimes spinning the tires. They seem to loosen up a bit at higher speeds. Also if i pump the brake with ig off the pedal gets tighter and tighter until it wont move (brakes stuck completely then) and as soon as i start the car they unstick a little bit but not fully.

Seized? Could a vac leak do this? When i pump the pedal the idle goes higher and higher. Could the brake pedal need adjustment? I do have to press the pedal down real far to stop (kinda spongey) plzz helpp

Touge_Monster

it sounds like your proportion valve is bad, it is a valve that gives the right amount of pressure to every brake caliper so that they will stop evenly, i have never had to replace one of these so i dont know where it is located and how hard the job is. You can find some DIY and how to on google and even on this forums so good luck

eiznekeM

Could be your caliper pistons seized. As the brake pads wear, the pistons sit out past their seals farther and farther, corrosion builds up on them and they can't return in. I had it on all four corners, so it's something to check out. Good luck.

PBblaster84

Determine what wheel or wheels are locking up first. Check your rotors, are they a deep red color? is the surface where the pad makes contact Blued like if you where to take a torch to it? look at your brake pad life on each wheel are some much lower than the others? If you must drive it then when you get out put the back of your hand close to each wheel and see if one is much hotter than the rest... ounce you determine what wheel or wheels are having the problem it will give you a better idea of what could or could not be wrong.