brakes question

So Breazy

So, my brakes are very soft on my 94 rs so I believe it may be time to replace the brake pads. What is a good brand of pad to go with? As well what else should I do to insure my brakes function properly? ( I'm VERY crazy when it comes to my brakes&tires :p )

Last edited:

jznsn2u

If you dont bring your car to the track, just go with sports brake pads from kragen/autozone.

So Breazy

What would a good pad/rotor combo be for a dd? Mine are starting to rust from my car sitting for so long + they were already soft to begin with.

Cman46290

if its a daily driver.... then you dont need anything special... go with mid grade pads/rotors from autozone or any parts store....

So Breazy

Sorry I should have been more specific. I plan on doing the basic I/H/E maybe a few more minor things. Would this effect what I want to buy even if I'm not tracking it?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Sorry I should have been more specific. I plan on doing the basic I/H/E maybe a few more minor things. Would this effect what I want to buy even if I'm not tracking it?
No. I would get a HAWK HPS pad for a pad and a brembo blank or a powerslot rotor but FOR SURE i would get stainless steel lines. Either way its a good upgrade for stop and go traffic. it gives a more constant brake pedal feeling. I highly recomend that set up for a street car.

mikekh10a

No. I would get a HAWK HPS pad for a pad and a brembo blank or a powerslot rotor but FOR SURE i would get stainless steel lines. Either way its a good upgrade for stop and go traffic. it gives a more constant brake pedal feeling. I highly recomend that set up for a street car.
x2
the last time i changed by pads and rotors i got all autozone stuff. they work well, gotta admit, but brake dust is inevitable with autozone brakes.
i heard good reviews of Hawk HPS because it good gives performance without leaving too much brake dust. brembo blanks are nice too.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
x2
the last time i changed by pads and rotors i got all autozone stuff. they work well, gotta admit, but brake dust is inevitable with autozone brakes.
i heard good reviews of Hawk HPS because it good gives performance without leaving too much brake dust. brembo blanks are nice too.
you cant use dust to measure if the pads are good or not. my hawk HP+ pads make my gold wheels brown on a track day.

So Breazy

I read somewhere on the forum that hawk hps may cause rotor warpage if not used with slotted rotors? Can anyone confirm or deny?

I'm currently planning on going with hawkhps with brembo blanks