Breazy's slow build

So Breazy

Hey guys and girls. I used to be on this site more before I crashed my car ( the 96 ls that made love to a tree). I recently bought a pretty nice 94 RS. Its all stock, white, typical rust around the wheel. Ill post up some pictures when I get home. This car definitely needs some loving. Needs a passenger side back window, some rust removal, and definitely a new exhaust because apparently its got a hole in it. Also, I have another problem. Does anybody know how to replace wheel lugs? Like not the nut itself but screw that it goes on to. My front left side is missing one and it looked like it was snapped off pretty cleanly. I'm afraid my tire will fall off again and ill have to kiss another tree. Anybody care to help? Also, anybody have good techniques for switching windows or would be best to go to a professional?

P.s All my updates will be in this post
june 23, 2010 - Pictures!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51401466@N03/4728108892
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51401466@N03/4728110850
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51401466@N03/4728111662
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51401466@N03/4727466067
It is completely stock.. For now. Gunna work on fixing the rust and might pick up an hks exhaust, and fix the front left wheel studs for starters.

Last edited:

bustmysack

for the wheel lug take off the wheel brake caliper and rotor and then tap it out with a hammer, it'll slide out from the back and just slide the new one in replace the rotor and caliper put a lug on it and tighten it up and it'll seat the stud.

So Breazy

Where would I be able to buy the part? Do you know the name of it and if the size is universal or is there certain sizes for different cars?

NorthEndGhost

i had the same issue... go to advance & tell them what year & model and they'll hook u up. it was only like five bucks. pics?

Afireinside

for the wheel lug take off the wheel brake caliper and rotor and then tap it out with a hammer, it'll slide out from the back and just slide the new one in replace the rotor and caliper put a lug on it and tighten it up and it'll seat the stud.
Has anyone sucessfully acomplished this? I have used this method on several different vehicles and it works fine BUT integras front wheel assembly is set up way different I'm pretty sure you have to pull the entire front knuckle and remove the bearing and the you can get to the lug studs.
I would love to hear that they just slid out of the back but I just don't see it happening.
I am in the same boat right now I have one broken lug stud on the front left tire.Looks like I have a project for this weekend.
Good luck

So Breazy

So I talked to a shop today as well as a guy from acura. The acura guy told me that each "wheel stud" costs about 5 dollars. Then the guy from the car shop said it was recommended that when you replace one wheel stud its best to replace all the others on that particular wheel. And he said some cars you may need to take off the whole section to take out the stud rather than just like the pads, etc. He said labour would be about an hour so if that helps anybody out :)

NorthEndGhost

So I talked to a shop today as well as a guy from acura. The acura guy told me that each "wheel stud" costs about 5 dollars. Then the guy from the car shop said it was recommended that when you replace one wheel stud its best to replace all the others on that particular wheel. And he said some cars you may need to take off the whole section to take out the stud rather than just like the pads, etc. He said labour would be about an hour so if that helps anybody out :)
i had the same issue... go to advance & tell them what year & model and they'll hook u up. it was only like five bucks. pics?
i only put the one on & mine has no problems... and i had the kids at the shop throw mine on while they were rotating & aligning my wheels. they mighta charged me 20 bucks

ls/lownslow

looks like a good start just needs a lilbit of tlc

also if you still need a side window let me know i might have one i=on my parts car