Broken exhaust pipe.

L7M7M

Just recently my exhaust pipe broke immediately after my catalytic converter, and im not having any luck getting an adapter piece to fit in the pipe so i can repair it myself. Does anyone know the inner and outer diameter of the exhaust pipe in this section?

The service manual hasnt proven useful yet, and o'reillys computer doesnt tell them.

Thanks

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
if you cant figure out what the diameter of that pipe is, i highly doubt your gonna be able to repair it yourself

L7M7M

Well considering i dont fit under the car to measure this area until i get it jacked up, i was hoping someone could tell me from previous knowledge.

And now that ive had a chance to get under it, the opening to the catalytic converter seems to 1 3/4", while the outside of the exhaust pipe that connects directly to it fits snuggly in a 2" adaptor.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
they are both 2". i bought a 2"-2" adapter but i had to cut a cross in the input (smaller) side and used a hammer to get it in all the way, then i used an exhaust clamp and it was fixed....it leaked a little but it worked fine

L7M7M

Theres absolutely no way a 2" outer diameter pipe will fit in it, i already tried. A 1 13/16" outer diameter wouldnt fit, and after cross cutting it and hammering it smaller it still didnt quit fit very well.

L7M7M

After liberal sanding and hammering a 1 3/4" outer diameter pipe is the perfect fit and a 2" inner diameter pipe is a little loose on the other end.

And its all fixed!

Thanks to those with actual input!

Black teg

Catch me if you can
Don't be so cheap and take it to an exhaust shop. They will charge like $40 to fix it.

But the factory size is 1.75" ID and 2" OD

L7M7M

I fixed it myself with a proper fitting adapter to create a good as new connection. For around $16.

Dont be so lazy, why pay extra when its an easy home job.