building block for boost suggestions

dateg88

Ok so I have a 93 with a jdm b18c gsr spec motor. I recently turboed it with stock internals on 6 psi. But last nite it leaned out and I dropped a ring or two. So I'm planning on tearing it down and rebuilding to handle 15 psi all day. So I'm wondering wat I should be putting into the block to be able to achieve this. Any suggestions and help would be great thanks.

mirrorimg

How much power (HP) to you expect to make at 15psi.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
15psi on one turbo isn't the same on another, 15 on a small turbo is decent, where 15 on a huge turbo is going to be insane. Might be the other way though. Anyway, what turbo? And desired results?

dateg88

After posting this I reread it and forgot to put that I'm running a t3/t4 60 trim Turbo and as for HP I was shooting for 350-400

j13

Keep It Clean
get the block sleeved and all new better bolts in the bottom end, stiffer valve springs, better retainers. lower compression pistons. all new seals

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
get the block sleeved and all new better bolts in the bottom end, stiffer valve springs, better retainers. lower compression pistons. all new seals
theres no reason to sleeve a block for that power goal.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
If money is no object, then get everything done at once, you're eventually going to get bored and go for more, might as well do it while its apart. No sense in building it half Ass just to do it again later and pay more.

dateg88

Well I just got off the phone with my buddy that races at this road course in ohio and he said his buddy that does enduro racing at the track has a block for sale for 1000 bucks that has only been on the engine dyno. This block has darton mid sleeves cp 9.5:1 pistons stock rods arp rod bolts mixropolished and balanced crank. I think that's it. Do u think this is good for what I want to accomplish and a good price??

mirrorimg

Well I just got off the phone with my buddy that races at this road course in ohio and he said his buddy that does enduro racing at the track has a block for sale for 1000 bucks that has only been on the engine dyno. This block has darton mid sleeves cp 9.5:1 pistons stock rods arp rod bolts mixropolished and balanced crank. I think that's it. Do u think this is good for what I want to accomplish and a good price??
Sounds like a good price to me, as long as there is nothing wrong with the block.