Building First Car C/C

Andrew93

Currently Building
yea more then likely, and ill prob get aww shit cant think of the name the wires on the top of the engine, but if i can find them in white ill prob get some... not to good with jargain yet this is my learning experience, my brother is helping me and supervising....this way when his is ready i can help work on it too (hes got a 90 civic hatch)

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
good luck on the tuck. and i dont think ive ever seen white spark plug wire. you ghetto fab with electric tape.

Andrew93

Currently Building
lol i could, well see what i will find something out...also found out one of my friends gpa's owns a shop close by and they do painting too so imma see how much for a full paintjob and do it full black, otherwise i can get a basic paint job for cheap and leave it white so i dont need to do door jams etc

xusake

god dam those skirt looks sexy!!! sell or mold us a copy! but anyways if your looking for a spoiler you should get a db2 spoiler with led lights.

Andrew93

Currently Building
got a notice today....had 3 days to move my car...ridiculous but i new theyd say something eventually... so my tires arent on the rim so my bro had to jack up his car put another jack on my car so he could take the stands and put them on his wheels.. so on... to move my car into the garagewas going to paint them today but i didnt have anymore stripper and i work...so tomorrow ill paint them before work

Andrew93

Currently Building
ok so its been 2 weeks since i put any real work into my car (been working + 4th of july) but anyway i put all my interior back in well seats arent bolted in... took off the shift-linkage cv axles etc etc so my engine is ready to be pulled hopefully today (if i can get the cherrypick today) otherwise mon... then imma clean it all out re-paint the bay, swap the tranny over to the new engine, get the new clutch + flywheel on and i got a few other minor projects im still doing...

gotta finish painting my rims 2 are done and look really good
Im gonna try to find a new trunk because i have like 10 holes surrounded by rust from prev spoiler/wing
might get some new cv axles mine have some rust but idk if its just alil surface rust yet

Andrew93

Currently Building
I dont think im going to mold them... anyway heres some updates...sucks i only have time on the weekends so its goin slow.

All thats left is
1. install new rotors/pads (gotta pick up some new wheel studs from advanced auto)
2. install the new CV axles
3.Remove the Pressure plate clutch and flywheel from old engine
4.install new clutch flywheel pressure plate
5.put tranny onto new block
6. drop the engine back in
7.get some new tires and get them on the rims
8. new starter/battery
7. air filter....oil change.... some tranny fluids etc...re hook up the wiring harness and pipes
8. paint job
10.tinting

only thing that has not been replaced or redone on the car is the suspension....im goin to save up alil bit and then take care of it ( plus its easy to get to)

rgb17

damn nice bro good work. let me know how it goes. sick to see another DA getting built. its hell trying to find parts for a gsr

Andrew93

Currently Building
ok so rotors are all done gotta bleed the brakes before thats finished
new clutch flywheel pressure plate are on
I got some BMW Rims and tires for 125 for the set so im gonna resell the rims :)
realized the front and driverside motormounts are cracked so im gonna have to go to the junkyard and get some
ill update the pics again when i get some more done

Last edited:

Andrew93

Currently Building
Alright so its bee awhile and alot of shit has happened so ill try and recap as best as possible....

recently finished everything basically, rewired the distributor, re-routed some vaccum hoses because of the differences in b18b and b18a intake manifolds (rather easy is switch over actually), changed the oil, tranny fluid, bleed the breaks, replaced under dash fuses, hooked up the wiring harness radiator etc...

so yesterday or the day before we went to try and start it to test for power, and if you turned the key 1 click the lights went on etc nothing when holding it open(or however u want to phrase turning it)... so we went and found the starter relay up on the heater...etc anyway wasn't the prob, and then we noticed some of the wires on the engine bay fuse box were melted and we thought it may have been the prob but its just for the back lights and the defogger( ill fix that after)
then today my dad was looking at it while i was in class, and there was a second relay for the clutch in the very back on the firewall so finally got power to the starter.....then we made sure the fuel pump was still good and then tryed to crank it...then i realized the fuel was just shooting into the bay...the hose never got attached to the firewall from the regulator....thats when i rewired the IM to work in the DA.... still wouldnt start up....so we checked power to the fuel injectors, they had power so we checked if they were spraying, just unhooked the rail and faced them into a garbage bag....sure enough theyre bad, i took an injector from the b18b(didnt fit my harness so i couldnt use them) and hotwired it to the engine and it sprayed perfectly.

then we looked at it and the front axles werent right so we took them off and guess what advanced gave me two right hand axles but one was actually in the left hand box because i checked the code vs the website... also my clutch is sticking to the floor because my throw out bearing is fucked up so i have to drop the tranny again.

alot of shit in the last 2-3 days...but it will be done by sun.

Andrew93

Currently Building
so after tranny was fixed up it still wasnt working to alil bit to figure out but the da's ecu wasnt matching so we put the old dizzy on and she started up. so im going to clean it up alil and take some pictures before and after i get the paintjob and tint.....going to register it in the morning and get that baby on the road