Bulletproofing my Tranny

Nando

Okay so startin a few weeks ago im taking notes on what is needed to boost my auto teg, i want to keep it auto cuz it will be my DD and i like to drive and talk on my celly, eat my food, hold my girlfriends hand and etc...

So what exactly is bulletproofin my tranny?

this is what ill be getting

http://www.levelten.com/Level_10_Acura_PTS_Bulletproof_Torque_Converter_p/acu-ja310-1000s.htm

my tranny currently has 111k miles on it, should i just buy a new tranny with lower miles and bullet that? or keep mine?

wite2nr

not worth it with an auto tranny. but if you are dead set on keeping it auto, well GL. I would just buy a spare to be ready to drop in when it blows rather than upgrade. but then again, I wouldn't boost an auto teg.

sexystover

isnt talkin on ur cell and eating food kind of dangerous when driving a boosted teg?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Have your tranny deburred, polished, and WPC Treated.
Can you WPC and cryo treat an auto? I guess you could in theory :what:

Level Ten is where it's at for a solid auto trans, just be ready to pay out the asshole.

maac0953

auto is so boring its stupid to even boost it. the reason i boosted my car is because i like it. boost lag and hearing that turbo spool is music to my ears. its the thrill of 10lbs of boost and shifting through every gear with people looking at you like WTF was that.

my advice is to trash that auto or sell the car and get a 5spd and go from there

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
no matter how much or what you do to a auto tranny when your boosted...its still going to break eventually

just do manual swap and call it a day :)

but if your positive about wanting a auto....i would say your tranny you have now will be fine to bulletproof

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Okay so startin a few weeks ago im taking notes on what is needed to boost my auto teg, i want to keep it auto cuz it will be my DD and i like to drive and talk on my celly, eat my food, hold my girlfriends hand and etc...

So what exactly is bulletproofin my tranny?
?
You dudes need to learn how to READ

He does not want a manual, so stop telling him to get a manual.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Buy about 5 spare autos and have at it, bro. I want videos of the destruction that follows when you wreck all 5 of those spares.

Spody02

Name: Cody
:shock:

no longer will i help lol

...well and i know nothing about autos lol

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
I can hold my girlfriends hand while driving. I just let go when it's time to shift. Sometimes she does it. It's not difficult.