Bunkins 98 Teg Build

Bunkin

It all began when my father and I were looking for my first car a couple years ago, We knew we wanted a Honda because of reliability but were unsure of model etc. Eventually after looking for a few months we came across an 98 Acrua Integra GS.
Picture of it after a few weeks of cleaning and waxing:

I was not a fan of the white at all. Before this picture the previous owner had installed white windshield wipers, white emblems, and had spray painted the calipers white.

A year or so went by until I saw an old friend that had an Integra. He started teaching me about Integras and their potential. Soon I was hooked, unfortunately at the time I didn't have the money to do much to it.

This went on till about a month ago, my oil pan's leak started increasing forcing me to change the seal. While working on the car I decided that it was time to start my build. To start out I purchased 16" Rota Torques, soon following were EBC "Yellow Stuff" Break Pads along with OEM rotors. Thus my build began. Soon I painted the Calipers Red along with the CAI and VC.
Here are pictures of the car on a Sunday evening run up Mt. Baker.

Since these pictures I have completely gutted the back of the car, including rear seats. rear panels etc.
I am planning to get into auto crossing eventually so future mods will reflect that.
Plans: Input is welcomed with all future mods!!
Rear Brace- I am somewhat settled on a cross brace design but input is greatly appreciated.
Corbeau A4 Racing Seats Red/Black- if there are any other seats that would be better for the money please chime in.
Corbeau 4pt Harness
Sparco Harness Bar

These are the upgrades that I am looking at in the near future, keeping in mind that handling is more important to me than power.
The car does have Megan Racing Headers and Exhaust installed along with a CAI.

Input is greatly appreciated!! I don't want to buy a component and regret it later!

AmberLynne

White windshield wipers? ew.

My ex bf did the same as you. gutted it all out. lol. your car looks very nice. Looks good wingless. Good Luck with the build.

mirrorimg

I read somewhere that a harness is a No-No if you dont have a roll bar. The harness keeps you upright in a roll over where as a 3pt setup (Oem) allows you to slump over some. If the hood gets crushed this would save your head and your life. I suggest doing a little research on harnesses in carss without a cage/roll bar before you go ordering them.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
looks good.
you dont need the folllowing for auto x
harness and gutted interior.
yes to the seat you need that and the sub frame bar with a bigger sway bar.

i auto x so i know

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Welcome man, it looks good. Glad to have another auto x/track/touge driver on here :thumbs up

What's your current suspension setup?

Bunkin

I read somewhere that a harness is a No-No if you dont have a roll bar. The harness keeps you upright in a roll over where as a 3pt setup (Oem) allows you to slump over some. If the hood gets crushed this would save your head and your life. I suggest doing a little research on harnesses in carss without a cage/roll bar before you go ordering them.
Hmm thanks for the heads up, I will have to look into this.

As for a Sub-frame bar and sway bar, what should I look for brand wise? I haven't really done any research into this area yet and it is a bit over whelming.

As for suspension, the previous owner installed KYB Coilovers, not exactly what I would have chosen but it will work for now.