burning oil but cant find leak

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
well i got a problem.....everytime i seem to hit 3000rpm while driving and then stop i smell a severe amount of oil burning.. so much it gives me a big headache!! but i cant find the leak and dip stick isnt showing any change in oil level...every once in a while i see lil bit smoke coming from my hood.... and when i try looking its all gone... any ideas what it can be/?? valve cover gasket is good... can it possibly be oil pump leaking?? is there any gaskets there?? please help im tired of driving my integra like this

tork_sd89

Baywatch
leaky valve maybe? I've burned some oil too but not like that. They told me i might have leaky valves... but we found out it was just cuz I've been going into vtec every chance I get since I got the car lol so I switched to a 10w-30 oil and It's been running great now

Cripton805

Are you sure you don't have an exhaust leak and not oil?

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
but its not coming from exhaust or is my exhaust leaking.. if it was then maybe my eexhaust manifold could be bad cause it looks like thats where the smoke comes out but i checked it and all is well... i would assume if its the valves or piston rings it would combust and smoke out the exhaust but its not... and like i mentioned it doesnt show any oil level drop in dip stick.... im confused... my head still hurt cause of all the burned oil fume i inhaled

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I must have read that wrong. You don't have one of those filters on the valve cover do you?

Cripton805

but its not coming from exhaust or is my exhaust leaking.. if it was then maybe my eexhaust manifold could be bad cause it looks like thats where the smoke comes out but i checked it and all is well... i would assume if its the valves or piston rings it would combust and smoke out the exhaust but its not... and like i mentioned it doesnt show any oil level drop in dip stick.... im confused... my head still hurt cause of all the burned oil fume i inhaled
It could be leaking somewhere on the header or where the header meets the CAT.
It would be my best bet. There's openings on the firewall in certain places. That could be reason why you think you are burning oil. I highly doubt that the fumes would be so strong for you to get that feeling.

Exhaust fumes are very likely.

FYI: People have died from exhaust fumes.