Burnt Spark Plugs

randomer

Hey guys! I just got an 88 Integra Ls. To start off, I know very little about cars so I'm hoping to learn from you guys and by hands on experience. Anyways, I was checking the spark plugs on the car and saw that they were burnt badly. I read somewhere that the way they were burnt is not normal and bad for the car. Is this true? And if so, what might be causing them to burn that way and what might be some possible fixes?

Thanks in advance.

enoch723

Looks like typical oil burning. Probably just old spark plugs though. Try replacing them and see if they end up the same way. Never seen a honda that didnt burn a little bit of oil so dont worry about it unless it turns black in a few weeks. If its a little grey after a month or so thats fine

enoch723

^agreed. I always get ngk diamond or iridium. EXPENSIVE but worth it

randomer

Alright thanks guys, highly appreciate it. Read on here that the iridium NGK work best for the G1 so I'll give that a shot.

enoch723

I did a write up a little while ago about G1 teg modifications and straight out information that you might want to check out too. Think it was called G1 modification

randomer

I know this is going to be off topic but I might just make the thread into my build/question thread.

Anyways...

The engine light came on out of no where. I checked the ECU and got codes 5 and 6. Was wondering what they meant since I can't find anything online for it.

Also, are the G1 OBD1?

Thanks in advance.

enoch723

The G1's are obdo and bring it to an autozone or something and have it properly tested and they will even tell you what is wrong. If its still running fine most likely just an o2 sensor cause there isnt very many things that will throw up the check engine

randomer

Hey guys. So I just swapped out the spark plugs yesterday ( I got the iridiums). After that, I drive the car around the block, which I would say would be about 1 mile, and it seemed fine. Earlier today, a friend came over to help out with the car. He decided to check the plugs and when he pulled them out they were already burnt! Any idea or feedback on the problem?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Those aren't burnt, they're fuel soaked, you should check the gap on the new plugs and increase it to the max spec.