buying a teggy

XTurboAcuraX

the end of october is approaching and so is the time when im gonna buy a teg. i will get it at the end of this month or the very beginning of the next month (at least that is the plan) i want a white gsr, hopefully of year 98 or up. since i don't know much about cars what do i look for when i get one. i know some things but i wanna know more. i have like a ten g spending limit too. so please tell me what to look for so i don't end up with one that dies within a week. thanks

SlyDC2

if you want to know about them then READ, when you find one you like use general common sense.. seriously if the car is in bad shape then dont spend $10k on it...... look at at least 3 or more tegs before you buy one so you know your options and for the love of god use CARFAX, its well worth it. if you're going to finance it then go through a credit union or something because in house financing is a rip off..... try to buy from a private party because you'll get a better deal, you'll wind up paying like $10k for a 94-95 from a dealer. one owner is best and get all the records.... if you're going to get a 98+ look for around.... 60-80k miles i'd say. but those are just my opinions... go with your gut, you'll know when you find the car thats right for you.

HighHopes

good timing buying in the fall/winter season, you should be able to get car for better deals because all the car dealerships are tryin to sell in summer and honestly who will walking through 6 inches of snow to looking for a car, most wait till summer when its more convient. So the dealership will lower or accept lower prices on cars in winter and fall.

check out www.team-integra.net for good information on your soon-to-be teg

XTurboAcuraX

well, there's no snow in cali but there's rain so i get your point. and is common sense really enough to make a good decision?

SlyDC2

what area of norcal are you in... bay, sac, tahoe.... cause they're expensive as fuck in sac, i flew down to LA to buy mine because it was so much cheaper

Todd

token ex-mod
i fly down to sac once in a while, i can buy from the Sacramento Auto Auction..... that might be an option

MoJoJoJo

Banned
dealers rip you off, CarMax For example or any dealership for that matter, cars with alot of miles u cant even see a discount; they still sell it to u for a high price with high miles. thats why i bought mines somewhere else. my old car was a 97 GS with 23,000 Miles, For 6,500. I kno a guy that has a body shop, he buys cars from auctions, repairs & restores them. those place give u a good price. but ur title will say salvage, cuz most of the cars have been in a rear end accident or theft recovery cars. the one i bought was a theft recovery; engine was untouch and the interior was restored. i think i got a really good deal on my old teg. i sold it for a whole lot more than wat i paid for it. used the money to get my RSX.

auctions
body shops
repo warehouse
police warehouse has alot of cars that they sell aswell

you just have to look in ur area...besides dealers