CA smog help!!

1177jclark

So i have a 95 rs and i just went in and got it smoged for a change of ownership. i had just recently bought it and the car failed. The guy told me i would need a new o2 sensor and a new catalytic converter. Somehow that just doesn't seam right.
the test results i got were

1177jclark

Results were HC(ppm) @15mph max 90 meas 150
HC(ppm) @25mph max 43 meas 48
CO% @15mph max 0.54 meas 0.57
No(ppm)@15mph max 711 meas 1620

1177jclark

it hasnt yet. but the smog guy said it was running hot and thats why it failed. he told me a new o2 sensor might do it. and told me my cat was weak so i needed a new one

Swerve

Shawn
And if youre not, check to see if the bulb for the cel has been pulled. Gotta love hondas lol.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
High Nox is almost always indicative of high combustion temps. Where is your base timing set? Stock compression or high comp? Answer these first.

Then: Try a bottle of Iso-Heet or Guarantee-To-Pass. It's basically just overpriced isopropyl alcohol, but it'll lower combustion chamber temps. You can use a very small amount of Acetone as well; but remember that degrades polymers, especially if too much is used.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
You can use a very small amount of Acetone as well; but remember that degrades polymers, especially if too much is used.
The guy the put 1/2 gallon of paint thinner in his tank a while ago found that out the hard way after his injectors dissolved.

1177jclark

so i swapped the catalytic converter and the o2 sensor and used a bottle of iso-heet and everything passed except for NO(ppm) at 25mph the max was 754 and i got 1570.... last time befor i swapped everything i passed the 25mph NO(ppm) with a 555... i dont know what to do

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I for sure thought that was going to solve all the problems with your car, I'm very fucking surprised it didn't!!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Advance the timing and run a Spark plug made for the Gsr. Have you done cap and rotor yet? I would replace those with honda oem and NGK wires. You want your car to combust cooler so using a Gsr plug will help as well as new ignition components. Also advancing uour timing will help as long as your HC have room to go up.