Cabon Wrapped Door Panels

99_Gsr_Teggy

Hey everyone! I don't know about anyone else but I got tired of the stock cloth door trim panel. So I decided to try my luck with carbon fiber wrap, I think it came out great but I also decided to make a quick write up for it.

What you'll need
-Your choice of wrap
-Heat Gun
-Sandpaper
-Razor blade/sharp knife
-Scissors

1. First thing you wanna do is remove your door panel and take it someone where you are comfortable working and remove the trim panel cloth.

2. You want to cut out some vinyl that's the rough size of the panel your going to wrap. Use the scissors to keep it straight as possible.

3. You wanna remove the backing of the vinyl and lay it down on the panel. Your gonna want to take the heat gun and work your way around in about 5in incraments and push the wrap into the crease with the back of your razor blade or knife till you make it the whole way around.

5. Take your knife/razor blade and trim along the crease after heating it up with the heat gun, (just to make sure it cuts nice and doesn't peel.) Once your done trimming take the scraps off, step back and look at your masterpiece!

dlo253

Looks pretty good. Not a bad use for cf wrap. What brand is it? My buddy got the cheap shit and it doea NOT like heat in the car. Got all funky looking and feeling.

Ganyon

Please tell me where you got that wrap. I wanna do a few things.

MrGurley

************5-0
well I'll be dammed, a new member that actually contributes instead of asking dumb ass questions.... today might be a good day after all

99_Gsr_Teggy

Thanks everyone! I try to do my best with ideas and helping out when I can. And it's off of eBay honestly. It's the 3M scotchbright 1080 I'm pretty sure, great to work with.