CAI any good?

99integie

do you guys with the Cold air intakes actualy feel anything from it? i want some bang for buck speed... also is it loud as fuck cuz i dont want no loud integ... my cars bone stock and not plannin to do anythin to it which would make it loud as fuck...

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
CAI are really nice they let your car breathe better with cooler air with naturally raise HP a bit but if you live in a place thats really rainy and wet them i suggest you also get a hydoshield or a bypass cuz water in the engine means hydrolock. which can really fuck shit up.

Surferman

dido. colder air makes the air more lean so there more.
however sri gets air to the engine faster, but in trade its much more warmer air.

CAI:
harder to install
more power, colder air

SRI:
easier to install
less chance of hydrolock
maybe a more little throttle response than cold air since its shorter.
warmer air from engine bay though.

getting either one your gonna notice a slight difference. it will enable your engine to breath alot better.
sri your gonna hear more probably because the filter is closer to you at the top of the engine.
i recommend getting one.
i have the AEM SRI. sometimes i wish i got the more expensive colder air (like aem v2) but oh well it was around 100$ and my first mod and i thought it just be easer.
i defenly heard a difference in sound espeslly when i mashed it. more deep throaty sound. i could maybe feel the power a little bit but then again i got an automatic so it takes away alot of power.

just search! youll find tons of information around.

Just to give u an idea...

In the recent issue of Import Tuner they did a dyno test on a 93 integra GS (b18b1)

STOCK dyno:
118.3 HP
110.7 TQ

Dyno 2, added Greddy Ti-C cat back
121.9 HP
113.1 TQ

Dyno 3, added AEM cold air intake
123.2 HP
119.4 TQ

Dyno 4, added DC sports ceramic 4-2-1 header
127.9 HP
119.8 TQ

so In that I would say for power the best bang for the buck is the header, backed with a nice cat back

the CAI will net u much more TQ but not much HP

however something to see from the stuff above..

Total spent all all upgrades: $1,385.59
Total HP gained: 9.6
Total TQ gained: 9.1

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
^I think they made around 12hp though didn't they? I'll have to go double check lol

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Haha aight I believe you. My mag is upstairs and I'm too lazy to go get it right now lol

smurfxlt

wow do you guys really think less than 10 horsepower is worth over 1000 dollars? i was planning on doing all that stuff when i get my teg but now i dont know...

if u buy NEW and retail thats the cost.. u can buy used and internet and buy less.. Its my car.. its what I want then yes its worth it.. I just understand going at it that I'm not going to gain big numbers by these bolt ons.. and people need to understand that..

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I hear ya man, slow days are the worst. Empty lifts = empty pockets. Damn economy lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
this factor is often overlooked. IF fuel economy means anything to you CAI actually makes it so you lose fuel economy. condensed air you get more of yes...but more air=more fuel.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The very first mod I ever did was an AEM CAI, and I definitley felt a difference.
An aftermarket intake will get you better gas mileage IF you drive the same as you did with the stock intake. An aftermarket system is much more free flowing than the stock box, requiring less throttle to achieve the same vehicle acceleration. Less throttle = less gas usage. That's where the mileage increase comes from.