CAI (Cold Air Intake)

Green_Teggy

I've been in search of a good CAI for my '96 Teg that will gain me some hp and that nice sound of it, but i cant really decide on which one to buy yet since this is my first CAI that I will be buying and I just want some feedback on some CAI that have been bought or any suggestions on some different CAI's

-Thanks for the suggestions

DerekLS

Well i know Injen & AEM both make short ram & cold air intakes for our tegs & those are both c.a.r.b. legal too:)

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
AEM makes great quality parts for pretty fair prices, Got my intake from HiPower Motorsports, site sponsor, very cheap for such a good product

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
AEM is a really good CAI, just make sure you get the bypass valve if you go AEM.

OR a comptech ice box with a SRI.

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
I made my own, bad idea. I'd go with Injen. You get a discount if you buy an intake from Tunersports.com

96GSRteg

Tyler
its prevents hydrolock if you suck up water with the cai. Its a good safety measure if you live in an area with changing weather.

01FTW

AEM V2. But those are a little pricey. Maybe you can get lucky and find a used one on CL or Egay for a little cheaper. I got the AEM short ram, bought it from some dude selling it on CL for $15... I cant believe that shit is like over $100 brand new. I think I might of gained 1-2 hp baby Wooooo!!

leonardo campos

k@n are good and they have a million mile warranty, and they are easy to install i just got mine for a good price on amazon the only bad thing it dident come with a heat shield, but thats not bad if you live in a hot climate , so i think you should go with it plus if you need help intalllling i got a good link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyk5eVrMTUA

good luck man