cai or sri

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Is there a significant difference as far as performance between a short ram and cold air? And do you have to do a lot to make the cai fit in the bumper?

WAR 178

Premium User
with the cai you get a colder charge of air due to the intake being in the bumper, but on a sri the setup sucks air from inside the engine bay which the air is warmer. The short ram is good for a mid-hi range spike in hp. The cai is good if you are in an area with very little rain,etc. so you dont suck water into your engine. g/l with choice.

SRI with icebox setup

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
with the cai you get a colder charge of air due to the intake being in the bumper, but on a sri the setup sucks air from inside the engine bay which the air is warmer. The short ram is good for a mid-hi range spike in hp. The cai is good if you are in an area with very little rain,etc. so you dont suck water into your engine. g/l with choice.

SRI with icebox setup
Very little rain? Rain won't make a difference.

8-bit

do what now?
Very little rain? Rain won't make a difference.
i have a CAI aem and i was stuck in traffic it was raining pretty bad i was on top of a puddle of water and when traffic started to go my car shut off due to water actually being sucked in.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
i have a CAI aem and i was stuck in traffic it was raining pretty bad i was on top of a puddle of water and when traffic started to go my car shut off due to water actually being sucked in.
Do you not have a liner anymore? I can't see my filter from underneath my car so I don't see how water can get in there. I've heard of it happening with turbos but never just a CAI.

8-bit

do what now?
Do you not have a liner anymore? I can't see my filter from underneath my car so I don't see how water can get in there. I've heard of it happening with turbos but never just a CAI.
nope it not was never there in the first place the previous owner did not install one. b

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
Cold air is so much more better I honestly think your wasting buying a sri because thats what you already have. big deal about bigger diameter and metal piping. cold air is so much more better and honestly how many people have had there cars fuck up because of water? none. lol i just think its stupid honestly when people get sri compared to cai