Cam Seal or Worse???

VenomRx

I have a Acura Integra LS 1997 Automatic and I get this oil leak by the corner of the block. Not sure what it is. It is not the valve cover gasket. Does anyone know what it is??

[/IMG]

deeceetwofreak

Possible cracked head? Or blow by from the valve cover gasket? That wouldn't be the cam seal.

Last edited:

VenomRx

Because there are no leaks around and it was just replaced. I bought the car used and they re-did the heads.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Looks like vc to me. Just cause it was just put in, doesnt mean it was all in there nice and snug. Post another pic, but take a step back so we can see more.

If its head gasket you would know. And everyone behind you will see too.

VenomRx

There are no check engine lights on, coolant is fine, no overheating. I took some pics, uploading them in 15 minutes.

94rs-gharp

that looks like old oil clean it off drive it for a day or two keep an eye on it each time you drive and if it re appears then you know its a leak if they re-did the head (you had heads put in it) then its possible residue left over from prior leaks. its really clean overall

VenomRx

I cleaned it already, the first picture was before I cleaned it. I cleaned it yesterday and drove it today around the block and those second pictures show there is a leak.

2kdb7

To me it looks like you either have a crack or your header isn't sealed all the way and your burning hella oil

zerialz

Banned
Why is the bolt around the leak different from all the others? and you're missing a bolt so yeah the header is definitely not sealed properly.