Cam Seal or Worse???

dlo253

Lol, the bolt isn't the problem. But should be there lol... If the PO lost a bolt, and didn't bother to replace it..who knows how well he did the work he said he did..

Swerve

Shawn
Lol, the bolt isn't the problem. But should be there lol... If the PO lost a bolt, and didn't bother to replace it..who knows how well he did the work he said he did..
My shot came without a bolt. P.O. Is a jackass haha

VenomRx

The bolt should be the last thing to worry about, but I will replace it. Anyone else seen something similar? You can see oil coming out where the heads meet the block, but only in that corner.

dlo253

There is only one head.. I've seen various leaks end up sorta pooling up in that location. I'd replace the top end gaskets just so YOU know it's done properly. Not including the head/header/intake gaskets. Unless you wanted to do any of those of course. You can get all the gaskets for the head/VC/dizzy for less than $50, all OEM.

VenomRx

What would the dizzy have to do with the leak?

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Lol. Its connected to the motor. Where there is a connection, sometimes there is a gasket, where there is a gasket, there can be a leak.

The message is to change all your gaskets to eliminate the chance its as simple as a leaky gasket.

VenomRx

I was told today by a mechanic it is the head-gasket, it may have not been torqued right, I may even have to re-do the heads. Whats a decent price to pay to fix this?

dlo253

Uhh, the dizzy has an o ring, which is an oil seal...... I would start with the small stuff. Or add a HG to that list and change em all its easy and only takes a couple hours. And again man, there is only one head lol.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
No your WRONG! There are heads beacuse there are headers lol.

Sorry, couldnt help myself.

Op, have fun with the head gasket. Sounds like a fun weekend.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
This is why i like doing the work myself, so i woudnt have that "oh but my buddy did it, im sure he did it right" situation, if i do it, i do it right, i dont trust other peoples work, not even alignments...

Sent from my DC4

dlo253

No your WRONG! There are heads beacuse there are headers lol.

Sorry, couldnt help myself.

Op, have fun with the head gasket. Sounds like a fun weekend.
Fail bro, there is one header. Hence the single flange mounted on the single head. Nice try :)

VenomRx

I would do this myself but I can't waste time messing up more shit. I just do not have the time right now. If anyone has a link to how to do the heads post, I want to learn how to do it eventually. As for now, I am going to pay out-of- pocket.

Last edited:

dlo253

Bro, don't waste money. Its simple as hell. As long as you got a torque wrench, ratchets and a metric socket set. Download the factory service manual fro. Hondahookup.com. dont let a shop rape u bro.