cam seal replacement??

soto2635

mine is leaking is this something i can do myself or does it need to be done a pro?? its on a 95 integra ls by the way he leak isnt that bad but i want to fix before it gets real bad

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
pretty much all integras have this problem... i should fix mine, but i dont feel like doing all the work...

soto2635

is there anyway i can do it with just taking the bracket of the seal itself instead of removing the whole camshaft?? i really dont want to take the time belt off and fuck something up

mattclark08

UTI-NTI Alumni
no jus buy the cam seal and a valve cover gasket. jus did mine yesterday. pop the valve cover off, take off the last cam cap, (might need a rubber hammer to loosen the cap, and replace the seal. someone posted a link above. probably a write up. i painted the valve cover while i had it off lol

soto2635

no jus buy the cam seal and a valve cover gasket. jus did mine yesterday. pop the valve cover off, take off the last cam cap, (might need a rubber hammer to loosen the cap, and replace the seal. someone posted a link above. probably a write up. i painted the valve cover while i had it off lol

so u didnt take the whole camshaft off?? u just did the one holding the cam seal in right?? as for the link above yea its a write up its a step by step process talking about removing the whole things thats why i was debating it if i should do it myself

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The bolts are the biggest thing to remember. They don't need a lot of force to be tightened, so you can snap them easily.

importtunerman

importtunerman
cam seal is prett simple just remember to have the torque specs and go by them and use honda bond as well it helps alot

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
mine is leaking is this something i can do myself or does it need to be done a pro?? its on a 95 integra ls by the way he leak isnt that bad but i want to fix before it gets real bad
which cam seal are you talking about?

the one on the right of the dizzy can be done without taking the valve cover off....all you do is take a flathead screw driver and pry it off and install the new one

the other camseals however will require you to take the valve cover off and remove the cams and such