Camber issue

bear253

i have a 92 LS integra that i just picked up couple days ago. the front pass side has positive camber. it was extremely bad but i put on a camber kit in the front and is sucked it in some what but not all the way. im stuck and have no idea what the problem might be anybody got some ideas or can help me out????

JGvtec

All i can think of is that your Lower control arms are bad/bushing are shot or you need an alignment. I have negative wear on my pontiac in the front i need new lower control arms soon.

bear253

from the looks of it the lower control arm is new on the pass side. should i just try the alignment first or replace both lower control arms in the front then get the alignment?????

red.line

An alignment should have been the first thing you did, before camber kits..
Even if they couldn't get it within spec, some places will cut you a break on the alignment and tell you what needs replacing.
Guessing is a real quick way to waste some money if you're wrong.

bear253

i didnt spend money on the camber kit lol when i got the car it came with it from the old owner. he said thats what a shop told him would fix the issue but i didnt know how true the guys word is because he said some stuff about the car that wasnt true

mirrorimg

In stock form, the car has no camber adjustment. The fact that you installed a camber kit (Adjustable upper control arms) is moot.

If was really bad to start, then something is bent. Im thinking the car had a little run in with a curb.

bear253

In stock form, the car has no camber adjustment. The fact that you installed a camber kit (Adjustable upper control arms) is moot.

If was really bad to start, then something is bent. Im thinking the car had a little run in with a curb.
wasnt the upper control arm type. he bought the cheap ones that bolt to the strut tower. but i do agree with you about something being bent. thats what im leaning toward. the front pass side stuff is cleaner looking than driver and newer lookin......... somebody redid that side maybe??

Take it to a company like Merchants, they do alignment checks for free. They will also give you a print out of the car showing where your car's angles are and a spec listing of where they should be.
Is the car lowered? Not to doubt your knowledge but are you sure you're not mixing up positive and negative camber?

bear253

no cars not lowered..... yet. but yea im positive. not my first toy. just first import this direction. (top of tire is out ward away from car..... positive camber correct?)

no cars not lowered..... yet. but yea im positive. not my first toy. just first import this direction. (top of tire is out ward away from car..... positive camber correct?)
Yes, you have positive camber. Have an alignment check done, they should be able to tell you the problem.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
And stay away from cheap upper control arms!! Skunk2 or bust. Spend the extra $ on good quality products so you don't have an upper ball joint snap while driving!! :shock: lol

bear253

lowazzteg i know i know. but like i said i didnt buy the kit, the guy already had it never installed tho. im going to go through the suspension and go with skunk2 but at this moment i need to get this issue fixed before saturday