Camber kit

integLS

Okay, my car is dropped pretty low all around with Ground Control Coilovers (more than 2 inches). Heres the scenario, I recently bought a generic camber kit for rear and front and got it installed (not the actual control arms). So i go to an auto shop so they can align my tires and fix the camber, but they had trouble setting it the front camber since its too low.... And since i didn't have the control arms in the front, it caused my stock arms to move towards the fender and was blocked by something inside the fender...So they had to shave part of the body on the inside fender in order for the arms to clear... HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS OR HAS ANY FEEDBACK ON THIS OPERATION?

siscoke

this is completely normal. some cars can adjust the camber front and back but honda cant (since what ive heard) so like u said the front wheels face inside if u lower "to much' this basicaly doesnt harm the car and looks pretty cool also but if ur dropped u should watch ur universal joints (or cardan in french and dutch) they can be harmed pretty easely.

about the operation i wouldnt worry to much if the store says it can be done it ll probably be not to bad for ur car but if ur not certain just contact ur local honda dealer (acura)

greetz sis

integLS

for the shop to shave the part that was blocking the control arm was $35 for each side... so i paid $70 to fix the front and the back didn't need any customization

-SKUNK-

before i got my rims ant tires i had my DA lowered all the way. then i bought a camber kit and took it to a local tire shop. they charged me 150 dollars to allign it. they said "because its lowered, we have to charge you double, because we have to bring it up to ride height." i was pissed but atleast it was done and i didnt have to worry about it anymore.

Attachments

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
When I drop mine Im gettin an ass load of SPC shit. They make some nice camber correcting parts.

2"teg

i want to know more about cambering. Some one told me that i dont need to camber out my wheels because it is lowered more than 1.5". He said that it would be useless :???: Can some one clear this up. I need to figure this out before i get my new tires put in i dont want to wear them quick