Cambers and Alignment Question

So I go in to a shop today to get a alignment, they say that both camber and toe are off which i knew already, but since i dont have a camber kit they said i should get one first before getting a alignment, my camber is 3 degrees positive but i read in the fourms that camber kits are not necessary all you need is to get the toe to ZERO but 3 degrees off in the camber seems a little much so i was wondering if i should get the camber kits or just get the toe alignment and call it a day

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Ya I wanna know also. I'm about to get new tires and an alignment soon. I jope they don't feed me this too lol

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
alignment shops will always tell you the camber is off, even if youre not dropped, to get you to spend money at their shop.

all you gotta do is tell them to set the toe to zero.

so it does not matter that the camber is off by 3degrees? i should just care about the toe? cause if that true so i can go back tomorrow and get the toe set to zero and forget this nonsense about the camber

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
toe effects shoulder wear more than camber.

you mainly need a camber kit to make your tires straight.

toe effects shoulder wear more than camber.

you mainly need a camber kit to make your tires straight.
so what you are saying is that if i just get the toe done and leave the tires at a angle because the camber is off i will be fine and the tires wont waist as bad?

ok yah i went in today to firestone to get it done and to my surprise they did not even try anything, they just did the alignment they did not even bring up the cambers. I dont know if thats a good thing or not.