Cams n Springs

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
i would have to do some serious motor work if i really wanted to built it up which i plan to do someday. If i really wanted to build the motor and go all the way without doing LS/V what all would i need to do and i mean EVERYTHING

mteg

Automatic Lover
Crower Stage 2 cams depending on other mods, you'll be between 155-165whp range. Cam gears and a little advance might net you 5 more...but you sacrafice a little. You can also pick up more hp with larger tb and Im-just make sure to port match them. All b series skunk2 im's come with 64mm port so get a 64mm tb to match (any larger is overkill). A good header-go with a 4-1 or something like a hytech, as now your head will be able to handle higher revs. Is it possible to hit 200whp na in a ls...yes, but then your looking at port and polish, built bottem end, etc...Kings had one running over 200whp-on oem injectors as well.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
maybe if you had a good tuner.

also there is a difference between getting max hp and having reliability. You can make more power by burning leaner, but the motor wont last as long.

Local

removing the head just to install cams, springs & retainers?? never heard of that.. is that b18b1 specific? are there issues with the valves not seating when upgrading cams?

OP: when added my cams i just added supporting springs & retainers. Did not remove head-- just the vc.

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
Depressing...so if decided to go all out with the motor i have now without going LS/V what all what i need to do to get maximum hp and i mean everything

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
Im just better off going LS/V if i really want max power right?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
removing the head just to install cams, springs & retainers?? never heard of that.. is that b18b1 specific? are there issues with the valves not seating when upgrading cams?

OP: when added my cams i just added supporting springs & retainers. Did not remove head-- just the vc.
i would take it out, there is always the chance of the valve accidentally rotating in the seat when you push it out. I would take it out to be on the safe side.I would also take the motor out to degree it as well

Depressing...so if decided to go all out with the motor i have now without going LS/V what all what i need to do to get maximum hp and i mean everything
depends

Im just better off going LS/V if i really want max power right?
depends on what you mean by max power? If i tell you what to do for "max power" you wont do it because you need like 100+ octane and i doubt you would daily drive a car with 14.5:1 cr.you should give us a power goal and we can help you.

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
alright then how about around 230whp? with the motor i have now with a shit ton of build work. is that even possible? if not then what about 250 with LS/V

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ls motors top out around 200whp.
250 i say you will need an aweful good tuner...and a lot of money.
i suggest a b20 block with a b16 head.
with custom weisco pistons which will yeild at least a 13:1 compression
you will also want to use 100 octane

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
ya proly wont do that on a daily driver like you said lol so what aftermarket parts would you consider investing in to get a good power gain with just the stock motor and mabye give me a list? the things iv already done: short ram intake, full 2/1/4 exhaust, and 4-1 headers

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
other than a tune!!! mabye a list of all the performance parts i can get gains off of?????

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
none without a tune. the only modifications you can run without making it run like shit are a header intake and exhaust. why dont you want a tune...but want to build a motor...?