Camshaft damage?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I see the problem.

He didnt use the proper oil. The oil recommended in the USA is 10w30 but that's not enough for jdm power plants. You must use 15w40 diesel motor oil or your engine will prematurely wear like it did in your car. The LS doesn't not have a vtec lobe. Don't listen to these Pollocks. When the LS engine engages lean burn at 2000rpm, regular motor oil is too thin at operating temp and doesn't properly lube the camshafts. That's why you need heavyweight diesel motor oil like japan originally intended.

I highly suggest fixing your regimen.
uhhhhh....what? I hope youre not serious.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Haha, I guess it does. Lean burn does require one.

He must've had some crazy light oil and miracle additives in chew up dat lobe though.

Silver2

DB7 Driver
I see the problem.

He didnt use the proper oil. The oil recommended in the USA is 10w30 but that's not enough for jdm power plants. You must use 15w40 diesel motor oil or your engine will prematurely wear like it did in your car. The LS doesn't not have a vtec lobe. Don't listen to these Pollocks. When the LS engine engages lean burn at 2000rpm, regular motor oil is too thin at operating temp and doesn't properly lube the camshafts. That's why you need heavyweight diesel motor oil like japan originally intended.

I highly suggest fixing your regimen.
Haynes says 10w-30 in hot weather. I'm not sure what the owners manual says but I suspect it is the same. If in doubt, call the dealer. I would be extremely hesitant to use 15W40 Diesel oil. Actually, I probably wouldn't use it at all in a gasoline engine. Maybe a few more opinions are needed on this important topic.