Can a catalytic converter cause these issues?

Juk3z

Ok I live in CT and we got hit with a 30inchs of snow and I went out after the roads were plowed only a tad bit for gas for my snowblower and i got stuck pulling into the gas station and a car gave me a push from behind that ended up bending my exhaust. In the process of trying to get out of the snow I blew my catalytic converter so I ordered a new one.
The Issues
Loss of power, stalls out when going up a steep hill . Can't go faster than 50 up a hill.
Exhaust is load as hell now.
Smell of burning cat is getting red hot.
CEL comes on after the car is warmed up, but once i turn off the car and let it cool down the CEL is gone.
94 ls 180k

Just trying to trouble shoot, and want to fix this asap.

GsrTeg95

B18C1-T
My fiances cat fell apart on her svt focus and it had all of those symptoms. I had it hollowed out and it has ran perfect since.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
My fiances cat fell apart on her svt focus and it had all of those symptoms. I had it hollowed out and it has ran perfect since.
what type of cat is it, universal or oem?

Cripton805

Your gases are being withheld in the pipe if it is bent...

Yes. That could be the problem, but the bend could be the problem

j13

Keep It Clean
did you jack up the car and see whats going on before you ordered a Cat? you could have just bent the pipe at the flange and caused a bad leak. Or maybe the pipe just snapped. You have last of snow with alot of salt and exhuast piping does get rusted to the point any little hit will knock a hole in it. The CEL could be from your secondary o2 getting pulled.

Juk3z

I took it to my uncles shop we got it on a lift and that how found out the cat was blown that thing was toasted and I also looked at the shitty job the PO owner did on the welds for the exhaust so I'm getting everything replaced and just bought a apexi n1 can't wait till it comes to my front step. The cat was oem and ordered a oem to replace it

Juk3z

Aha that's why I bought the n1 I figured well might as well buy something to make me happy

mirrorimg

They do make aftermarket high-flow catalytic converters that would run you about $100 - $150. How much did the OEM unit actually cost? I want to think somewhere in the $300 range.