Can an unleaded car run on premium

sylvaner01

My mates and I were having an argument the other day and I thought I would ask the experts on their opinion.
Can a regular unleaded car run on premium unleaded? I know it would be completely pointless but can they?
Is there a performance increase if done so?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
and thats the end of that chapter..

oh wait! what if i ran 110 octane? will there be performance gains then?

gooffeeman

and thats the end of that chapter..

oh wait! what if i ran 110 octane? will there be performance gains then?
Nope still no gain!! Just wasting gas and money!! A lot of people will disagree with me...but i did a research paper on this while going to Auto school...higher octane gas is for higher compression engines

j13

Keep It Clean
Running premium gas on a stock LS won't increase performance, but I've noticed smoother idle.

j13

Keep It Clean
you pick up faster on low end i pump 91 when i track
Since you track your car and you could feel a different in a setup to due track time, and having an overall good fell for the car, I wouldn't doubt you.

But as far as just normal people on the street pumping 91 and trying to feel a difference...its not going to happen.

Oh and SHELL 91 FTW!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Since you track your car and you could feel a different in a setup to due track time, and having an overall good fell for the car, I wouldn't doubt you.

But as far as just normal people on the street pumping 91 and trying to feel a difference...its not going to happen.

Oh and SHELL 91 FTW!
naw i pumped it when it was 2$ a gallon and it picks up when you are a low revs it doesnt seem to "struggle" while getting on the street or hwy

shell 91 is rubbish

half chevron with techron and half shell with v power=vtec gas

DC_Five_Earl

naw i pumped it when it was 2$ a gallon and it picks up when you are a low revs it doesnt seem to "struggle" while getting on the street or hwy

shell 91 is rubbish

half chevron with techron and half shell with v power=vtec gas
lol V-Tec gas ftw! :rolf: idk why but i actually do that.. I fill from half a tank everyweek. I get chevron here since its closer to me and I get shell back at home since it's more convenient.

Cman46290

I use Shell V-Power 93 octane~ VROOM!

But i do drive a GSR.. so i gotta have the higher octane anyways.

But as te OP asked originally... YES... you can use premium in a regular vehicle that requird 87 unleaded... though its prolly gunna make NO difference to you... unless you raise your compression... (as stated above)