Can any1 tell me if my exhaust set up is fine.

SamJLee

Ok I have megan shorty header, greddy sp2 exhaust, but I still have my stock cat converter there. I've been thinking about the air flow and dont know if it should be ok. The way I see it is my header is alittle bigger than my stock ones, than the air passes through the cat converter, but than the piping is smaller. Than finally the air goes through my exhaust which is again bigger than my stock one. Is this fine, all the different piping diameters kind of gets me thinking.

integra evan

You created a bottle-neck at the header to cat. Bottlenecking creates resistance in the air flow, and you want as much air flow through the exhaust as possible. Best legal thing to do is get a high-flow cat with the same I.D. as your header collector. Just make sure you don't bottleneck from the cat to the catback.

SamJLee

hmm, I mean my car should run fine though right? Is the performance still better than having my stock exhaust, and header? Well I was also thinking of getting the megan test pipe and jus take out the cat. But.. many people have an exhaust, but still kept their stock header. Woudlnt this also create a bottleneck too?

Last edited:

integra evan

Your car would run fine, but it would perform better if there were no bottlenecking. Right now you have a little performance over stock, but once you fix the bottleneck, you'll feel all the potential of the exhaust.

SamJLee

Sweet, thx man that was very helpful. I was worrying so much. Yea Im gona try to get the megan test pipe at least.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Make sure you get the right diameter cat, 2.25 inches. Test pipes have no performance advantage over high flow cats, and they aern't street legal to boot.

SamJLee

Ok guys, I actually ended up ordering the megan test pipe. Will I need to buy seperate defoulers? It comes with its own but I tinkk that it will still throw out a CEL.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
alot of people slap on a header and cat-back and always forget about the cat. what i did is, right now i still have the same stock header, with a high flow cat and my T1R 63 mm exhasut which i love. im really thinkin about slappin on the greddy headers i got but im tryin to sell them instead.