Can anyone here shed some light on building up a shell?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
So i have been going a little insane the past couple of weeks and I can't make up my mind. As some of you may know I am looking to build a track/dd car, but don't want it to be my current car. So i figured if I buy a shell and slowly build it up and then sell my current car to buy the motor that would be a good alternative to what i have now. My questions about building up a shell are:

-Is this worth attempting relying partially on forums?
-Is it ok to buy a salvage title shell?
-What would be easier building a shell or a beat up teg?

Also I have one last stupid question to ask that i could not find anywhere else..

What would be cheaper the Autoworks Turbo kit, along with all the other necessary parts. OR
JDM Front RHD Conversion.

I am still trying to figure out what i want to do before i start so i am hoping you guys can help because once i have my mind set on something its a wrap from that point on...

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Relying on forums is fine. The people on this site are very helpful and you can usually get help pretty quick.

Salvage title is situation dependent. I would definitely try and avoid it if at all possible. If you do get a salvage title make sure you know why, theft would probably be okay, try and stay away from cars that have had accidents.

Again it depends on the situation. If you can find a car with a very solid body but a beat up engine then that would be easier. If you can find a clean shell then that would be easier.
I personally would hold out until I found a shell, they are already partially disassembled so there is less work involved.

Keep in mind that if you use this car as your DD then having RHD will be a pain in the ass, not to mention that you might some unwanted attention from police.

Turbo vs JDM front depends if you want a car that goes fast or looks good. If you plan on doing both eventually then start with the go fast parts. Make sure you plan on doing other upgrades like suspension also.

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
Relying on forums is fine. The people on this site are very helpful and you can usually get help pretty quick.

Salvage title is situation dependent. I would definitely try and avoid it if at all possible. If you do get a salvage title make sure you know why, theft would probably be okay, try and stay away from cars that have had accidents.

Again it depends on the situation. If you can find a car with a very solid body but a beat up engine then that would be easier. If you can find a clean shell then that would be easier.
I personally would hold out until I found a shell, they are already partially disassembled so there is less work involved.

Keep in mind that if you use this car as your DD then having RHD will be a pain in the ass, not to mention that you might some unwanted attention from police.

Turbo vs JDM front depends if you want a car that goes fast or looks good. If you plan on doing both eventually then start with the go fast parts. Make sure you plan on doing other upgrades like suspension also.

Yea, the whole rhd and turbo thing are still ideas... but i see what you're saying, the reason why i mentioned salvage was because this car was hit on the driver door of a shell, car looks alright, but im not crazy over it, and my hp goal really is like 200-230 so idk if turbo will be necessary unless i buy another b18b1 and turbo it or just get a JDM b18c5 and other little stuff. I will keep my eyes open for shells!