Can I add a manual trunk release?

gsr_nikhil

Okay cool. I need to try this!

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

osiris19

Don't use wire nuts on automotive wiring. Solder them together or use crimp connectors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DC4Dan

It was easy! I just have to get a connector for the key so it unlocks as well. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0043G5UM0 that's the one I bought. I didn't wanna buy a expensive one in case it didn't work. It works good but I'd suggest you buy a good quality one now that you know it works! Who knows maybe it will last a few years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC4Dan

Don't use wire nuts on automotive wiring. Solder them together or use crimp connectors.

Just curious why not? I'll get crimp connectors tomorro and redo those connections

osiris19

They're not intended for stranded wire. And they can be space intrusive.

DC4Dan

They're not intended for stranded wire. And they can be space intrusive.

Oops I did my whole radio with wire nuts haha. Time to redo some wiring. It's just habit from doing air conditioning you wire nut everything

osiris19

Yeah especially don't use them for car audio. Automotive butt connectors or solder. I personally solder everything and wrap tape around it. Best solid connection you can get.

gsr_nikhil

Yeah especially don't use them for car audio. Automotive butt connectors or solder. I personally solder everything and wrap tape around it. Best solid connection you can get.

x2 I do the same

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

Strategist102

Banned
Did 94 LS teggys have a remote trunk release standard? I've got an aftermarket remote so I don't think I've got an electric trunk release but I'm not too sure on the specs.

DC4Dan

Just an update for those of you that were thinking about doing this its still working great!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk