can i cut this part off?

so the lip that im pointing at in the photos is rubbing against my tires and has already wasted one of them, would it be ok to cut that part off? please be nice im just asking a question just give my your opinion if i can do it with having a problem

i looked under it and i see a piece of metal under that lip even if i take off the cover wont it hit the metal directly now?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
is your car really that low that you hit it? I consider my car pretty low and I'm not touching that. =/

should check with coy, but for the most part I'd *THINK* you'll be okay to cut it off.

ok so the dude that sold me the car said these are coil overs but im not sure so here is a pic and let me know if you think they are cause the look like they are but i need to buy the tool to do it and i dont want to buy it and find out they are not really coil overs

Rather than cut it off, is there a way you can just fold it against the fender wall(similar concept to fender rolling). That would probably be better than cutting it out.

Those look to be a coil sleeve over a stock shock.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
yeah, and at where those are at I would expect your car to be low enough to be scraping on it either.

Rich-PMS

Those coils are set HIGH.

Check your rears, if the collar is all the way towards bottom you have them switched.

My collar is 1" from the bottom for the front, and I've never hit the lip....

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Those coils are set HIGH.

Check your rears, if the collar is all the way towards bottom you have them switched.

My collar is 1" from the bottom for the front, and I've never hit the lip....
ok so i checked the rear ones and they are all the way to the bottom, so they are switched? how do i fix that?

DA9Mappy

NOOB
you switch the back ones to the front. You might want someone with some experience help you out or you're going to have a shitty time.