can i take this out?

slik92teg

can i take the stuff inside that red circle and all the hoses attached to it? what is it and do i need it? i see alot of integras with clean engine bays that dont have one, also the the red hose thats being pointed at with the yellow arrow, can i take that out along with that charcoal canister or whatever it is? what else can i remove from my engine bay to make it look nicer, im doing a swap soon so i want to practice with this engine so i know wat to do when the new one comes. thanks

tilegend

Those are the fuel pressure regulator control solenoid valve, EVAP purge control valve, and map sensor.

you can relocate them... but not take them out.
for the map sensor the one all the way on the right... you can get another b-series throttle body with the map sensor on top and just extend the wires from the original sensor to the newer throttle body.

and as far as the charcoal canister goes... its for emissions purposes... some people take it out some people dont.

slik92teg

cool, ill try to extend them, if i take the charcoal canister out will it make me not pass emissions? will it make the engine run any different?

ricestick

BOOST HEAD
car will run fine, actually u can get rid of all of them except the map, you need the map, all that emission crap can be trown out, but if u live in a plce that is strict about emissions better leave it on.