Can you put a turbo on Backwards?

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Should be a simple answer! just worried because the downpipe i have i think faces the wrong direction if thats possible! im not to sure! still kinda new to the boost thing! haha :) but please help so i know if i need to order a new downpipe or not

mirrorimg

No? If the holes line up on the turbo manifold it doesnt matter which way the turbo faces. It just matters which way you have more room for the downpipe/ filter

heykosal

Angkorian
Wtf do you mean backwards? Exhaust flows into the turbine, and the compressor pulls in fresh air. It cannot work any other way.

I think you take the new crown as King of noobs..judging by the things you've been saying lately.

:lol:

rockadilla

thats right.
All hail the noob king!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:lol: jk dude

bmxboy86

the compressor (shiny) side of the turbo almost always faces the passenger side of the car. the downpipe should come out of the turbo on the drivers side. if your downpipe bends the other way it is wrong.

eg6ie

the compressor (shiny) side of the turbo almost always faces the passenger side of the car. the downpipe should come out of the turbo on the drivers side. if your downpipe bends the other way it is wrong.
errr... no. dp can route to any side. compressor can be on any side. however your setup is, is right.

oodie

Thats wrong it mounts either way just the way your talking about is mostly for ac/ps compatiable setups look like that.. Either side is fine depends on downpipe setup.