Can't decide on lowering springs!!! I don't want to go more than 2"

Stopsign32v

There was a thread I wanted to see that I saw searching a few days ago. It was like one of the "Official..." threads and it had pics of the cars with the spring/strut combo then the poster made comments on the pros/cons of the setup. Anyone want to help me? I've searched all yesterday and today, can't find it again.

So far from the searching I've done here are the springs that I think would fit my bill and the pros and cons I've read...

Eibach Prokit

Pros: I've ran them before and know they are good springs. I've seen some pictures of them on 3rd gens and some look ok but some look too close to stock height.
Cons: I've heard they are too soft for handling. Heard they barely lower the car.

Tein Htech

Pros: They are cheap springs price wise. Heard they are based off of ITR springs but 20% more stiff which sound like a great DD spring.
Cons: For some reason I heard a bit of negative about Tein springs in general. The rear only lowers .9"? Someone correct me if wrong, but that isn't even an inch?

Skunk2 slip over coilovers

Pros: Obviously can raise and lower the car as needed. Didn't find much about these so I'm not sure anything else.
Cons: Cost more than just springs. I'm worried about the sleaves cracking like I've seen some on sites do. Again, haven't heard much about them. Why?

GC slip over coilovers

Pros: Can lower or raise the car as needed. Heard nothing but great thing about GC products.
Cons: Cost. Again, I'm very worried about the sleaves cracking, we have BAD roads around here!

I went outside today with a yard stick and on the front I've found that a 2" drop would be a good drop for me. Now I am worried about rubbing, I have 16x7 wheels with 35 offset. So they wheels are about flush with the fenders. I do not plan to roll the wheels so I don't think I want to go lower than 2" but want to go no less than 1.5" drop.

stormnorman

well im on tien s techs with tokicos, i love em dude but im not lowered very much which i like, idk depends on you dude, if you just straight up want to dump youre car then no s techs aren't gonna cut it, coils are cool cuz they already come assembled, and yeah you can adjust them to youre liking. i just saw youre thread said tien h tech not s tech, h techs are suppose to be way lower then mine.

sps21112

Are those your only options at this point? There are tons of other springs out there. Im on h&r race springs and im dropped 2 in the front and 1.75 in the rear on 17s with kyb agx shocks. And i love them.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
My tein SS coilovers are being installed today ill post some pics up and tell ya how it goes

Stopsign32v

Are those your only options at this point? There are tons of other springs out there. Im on h&r race springs and im dropped 2 in the front and 1.75 in the rear on 17s with kyb agx shocks. And i love them.
I want the car to ride good, its a DD. Also $700+ coilovers aren't in the list.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea I'm contemplating this as well. I was going to with the skunk 2 springs but they seem like they will be very low. I'm trying to make mine into more of a daily driver and the wife will use it once in a while. I don't want to have to worry about her banging up my header oil pan, etc.

Stopsign32v

Yea I'm contemplating this as well. I was going to with the skunk 2 springs but they seem like they will be very low. I'm trying to make mine into more of a daily driver and the wife will use it once in a while. I don't want to have to worry about her banging up my header oil pan, etc.
Exactly. My wife will also be driving it sometimes along with the baby riding in the back. I am really thinking about the Tein Htech but I'm honestly not sure. I don't want to go too low but I want it to look good. It sits like a truck right now!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Mine is on skunk 2 slip over coilovers right now, when I hit a bump it feels like I'm going to need a chiropractor and a new door.

Stopsign32v

Well I guess you decided for the Skunk slip overs. I DO NOT want a spring that is going to knock my teeth out when I hit a bump. IMO the stock springs/shocks ride pretty harsh on the 16"s.