can't get any spark.

maq

I don't seem to be getting any spark from my spark plugs. I took my distributor apart and tested all the connections that is listed on my honda repair manual. Readings for ohms and volts were in spec. I cleaned the connection on the cover. The contacts had some corrosion on them.

Any other ideas?

maq

It will crank over. Not very quickly tho. Battery is dead. We have been using another car to jump it.

I tested the coil. and the ICM. Both are good according to the manual.

I'm not sure if my fuel pump is working either. I will test that tomorrow if i get a chance.

maq

Replaced the coil today. still no luck. Kinda wondering if its not the wire harness for the distributor. There is definitely 12 volts going to it. I touched one of the parts inside while testing it and got a little shock.

Anybody have any other ideas? I don't know anybody around town with a G2, or i would test their dizzy out on my car.

maq

Took my ICM to autozone aka the "i don't know store". Lady tested it three times for me and it passed each test. Talked with the guys behind the counter and very other word was i don't know, or you got me.

Any other ideas? I've got a basically new dizzy. New coil, new rotor.

Last edited:

maq

wires seem to be good. i tested them with a volt meter and got 1.7-2.3K ohms on all of them.

i'm absolutely stumped now. i have no idea what to test or try next.