Can't get gas gauge to work, need help

x3dimples

so i have a 98 db8 b20vtec just built it. i just have on small annoying problem ever since i got the car i had the gas gauge not working. i always thought it was my cluster. but i swapped it with a jdm one and still doesn't work. i checked all the fuses they are all good. checked the wiring and still all good. checked voltage already and checked the wire diagram i went at it for 4 hours at my shop. i have no idea what else it can be. got any ideas what it could be? all data says it can be the gauge it self but power goes to it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i forget how you fix it though, it was stuck on Matts DB8 i think and my friends DC4

mjones73

You can access the pump and float via the access hatch under the back seat, no need to drop the tank.

ALX0423

94Teg shuts off

Guys- I have a problem I got a 94 Integra LS, 20164miles. The temp gauge hardly ever moves from C, but when it does the car stalls while in neutral. Aby ideas?:???:

OlegWasHere

Guys- I have a problem I got a 94 Integra LS, 20164miles. The temp gauge hardly ever moves from C, but when it does the car stalls while in neutral. Aby ideas?:???:
thread jack?

your thermostat could be stuck open

mjones73

Start by opening a new thread instead of jacking this once since it has nothing to do with your problem. Welcome to the forum. As mentioned, could be a bad thermostat, start with the basics on the cooling system. Check the thermostat, coolant level is right, etc...

ALX0423

yo my bad...was NO where intending on jacking???? anyone's thread. too many rules to keep up. Thanx for the info.

rexpepper123

yo my bad...was NO where intending on jacking???? anyone's thread. too many rules to keep up. Thanx for the info.
not to many rules. just common sense thats all :D

im having the same problem. i replaced the gauge an it doesnt work its crazy cuz the fuel light will come on haha so imma open up the tank sometime this week if i find out ill let you know what it was for me hopefully it will help you as well

x3dimples

i checked dealr ship oem witha shop account liek 3 hunder something for a sunder unit.... i tried looking for a 4 door in pick andpull but they are always all stripped and they take what i need.... :( kinda sucks i gota drive and exstimate how many miles i get. sometiems my gas light dont even work so i die on the road = any one got a unit sender for sale lmk pm me !

x3dimples

i dont think its the floater cause, i tested the floater moving it up and down the gas gauge doesnt move either i have tried takign it out already. and moving the floater up and down to see if it moves but it doesnt all it does it come up E under the bar....