cant get my car to go in or out of gear

dbornheimer0724

I have a 95 with a manual tranny in it. I have almost NO pressure in my clutch pedal but the resivour is full. Does anyone know what i can do for a for sure fix? Email me at dbornheimer0724@gmail.com. never really on so it would be a huge help. Thinking i need to do a fluid exchange but dont want to spend any money i dont need to. Thanks

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Either master or slave cylinder. Start with the slave bc its cheaper and easier to replace. New fluid. Then bleed the entire system.

cpeehler7

Banned
Either master or slave cylinder. Start with the slave bc its cheaper and easier to replace. New fluid. Then bleed the entire system.
This, I have to replace my clutch slave soon as well. It works, but it engages low to the floor. Check rock auto for a clutch slave, I think they're under $30.

master_tech

Before you start shot gunning the problem take some time and determine what's causing the problem. Remove the clutch master cap and look inside, is the fluid level ok or low? if level is ok, try to bleed the clutch system and recheck ..still no pedal pressure, check the clutch system. if the levels low then you have a leak and need to find what's leaking. start by looking under the dash where the clutch master cylinder attaches to the clutch pedal. look @ the clutch cylinder / rod area ..is it leaking / wet? yes replace the clutch master. next inspect for any leaks @ the clutch master on the firewall side inc reservoir, clutch hard line / hoses, then pull back the dust boot @ the clutch slave ..any leaks? replace the offender and bleed the system. Good luck!