Can't replace my AC belt

osiris19

I went to replace my air conditioning belt yesterday because it is torn in half, and I couldn't get it off due to the adjusting bolt on the top of the compressor being blocked by the PS pump, and there being little room to get a ratchet or wrench in there. How do I loosen the adjusting bolt?

gugiey

I dont have ac in my
car but I'm pretty sure your gonna have to remove the ps bolts and move it out of the way .

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
It moves pretty freely, enough to get out of the way for sure.

BankiBoi

Just unbolted your PS, two 14m on the block and that 12 bolt on the bottom just loosen it enough to slide it. Not hard putting it back together at all. Put the belt back on first and bolt it back to the block and your good

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

TheCrimsonStar

I had to tighten my a/c belt down about a month ago. You have to unbolt your p/s pump and push it aside. It moves freely once it's loose.

Sent from my Tonka Truck using Tapatalk 2

Nunyabidness

New Here, not to cars...
Remove your p/s belt and remove the mount bolts for the pump-move it out of your way. You'll have to remove your alternator belt to install your a/c belt-loosen alternator bolts, pry alternator forward, remove belt. Remove the 2 bolts on your lower driver side engine mount-shown in your pic, OP. If you can't get the new belt around that lower mount, you will have to place a jack under the engine, apply a little pressure upward, remove the driver side upper mount, lower engine enough to slip the new belt around the lower mount. Assemble in reverse order. 20 minutes to do all belts in with pulling driver's upper mount bolt...hope this helps.

mteg

Automatic Lover
Remove your p/s belt and remove the mount bolts for the pump-move it out of your way. You'll have to remove your alternator belt to install your a/c belt-loosen alternator bolts, pry alternator forward, remove belt. Remove the 2 bolts on your lower driver side engine mount-shown in your pic, OP. If you can't get the new belt around that lower mount, you will have to place a jack under the engine, apply a little pressure upward, remove the driver side upper mount, lower engine enough to slip the new belt around the lower mount. Assemble in reverse order. 20 minutes to do all belts in with pulling driver's upper mount bolt...hope this helps.
Wrong, the alt belt is the first one on crank, 2nd is AC, 3rd is power steering. I just replaced belt 2 weeks ago. Remove the power steering pump and belt, adjust the ac tightener, and reinstall belt and pump. Should take less than 15 min, provided your not replace the ac belt. Make sure to check the AC idler pulley that its tight, I've had one loosen and fall off before. If you have to replace the ac belt, you'll need to jack the car up and remove wheel, then the 2 bolts on lower mount to slip ac belt on.