can't stop vibrating, help please

moses integra

i replaced all 4 engine mounts and my cars still vibrating :letout:! 300 dollars total in mounts seems down the drain :wak:, what could it be? :???:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
i replaced all 4 engine mounts and my cars still vibrating :letout:! 300 dollars total in mounts seems down the drain :wak:, what could it be? :???:
check your phone, maybe its on vibrate, J/K

sumfilipinodude

Well it especially vibrates when the a/c is on because it requires more power from the engine to operate.. so that's why it vibrates alot. If you drive with the a/c off, does it still vibrate alot?

SnD3

You cannot expect an old honda motor to run like a new benze... Seriously, they have their vibrations... lol I don't know if you just got this car, but to me, it seems like you are used to something running quiet?!

moses integra

i know its an old acura but still that much vibration doesn't seem normal. and what does cleaning the intake have to do with it? lots of debree in the engine? how would i clean that?

96PurpGS-R

LOLUMAD?
Does it vibrate at idle?
Does it vibrate when driving?
Does the vehicle make a loud humming noise when driving past 30-40mph?

EDIT:
Just noticed I was in the 2nd Gen thread.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

The increased vibration when the A/C is on is probably because the idle drops a bit. But thats at idle.

Our Inline-4 motors create more vibration than V-motors because of the harsh angle that the pistons move in, alternating up and down. V-4's and up have a negating effect because the angle that the pistons move in relation to one another dampen this vibration.

If it shakes while you are actually driving, and increases with speed, then it could be that the wheels are out of alignment, or something is bent.

leftyfork

Cleaning your intake is probably the single best task you can perform to guarantee a good smooth running engine. Here's what is happening. When your engine is cold, the fast idle valve is open, allowing for a large volume of air to mix with a richer fuel delivery based on temperature sensor feedback to the ecu, an engine with so much air and fuel will run quite nicely, but obviously your fuel mileage will suffer if it stayed like that. As your engine warms up, both air and fuel are reduced and the ecu begins to control the engine in closed loop full feedback operation. At this time, when the engine is warmed up, air velocity is GREATLY reduced through your intake runners. If there is cake and gum in the runners, your idle will be very poor. There is so much turbulence just before your fuel injector that each delivery of the air fuel mixture is kind of like someone pouring some gas in each cylinder with a spoon.
Set aside an entire weekend, get yourself a round wire brush on flexible steel, 3 cans of carb cleaner, and remove and clean that intake. Take pictures, and post them for all to see how bad it is. Essentially, what you will find is a coating probably as thick as the chocolate on a snickers bar in all four runners, about 6 to 8 inches deep into the runners.