can't take off dizzy

Evul9

I unscrewed the 3 bolts on the dizzy and it wont come off. Am i missing something? I feels like something is holding it back, and i don't want to really pull on it so i don't brake anything

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Take the end cam cap off. Ive seen the pin push past the spring clip on the distro input shaft and get wedged in the cam cap. Remember to torque those bolts properly when reassembling.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
There are 3 bolts that hold the distro to the head. Did you remove them all?
Cam cap is that peice where the TOP of the 3 bolts screws into (where you drew a line). Remove the valve cover to get to it. Its a single cam cap where the distro plugs into. It would be the only thing holding onto the distro if you have all 3 bolts removed and it wont come out.

Evul9

yeah i removed them all. OK, will take the valve cover off. Anything i have to look out for so i don't screw with the timing and such?

Evul9

The purpose of me taking the dizzy off was to find out if i have aftermarket cams. I should be able to identify if i have aftermarket ones if i have the VC off right?

Evul9

ok. what should i look for? i Can take some more pictures in a second. I guess it would be safe to assume that if the retainers are aftermarket so are the springs?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Likely. But dont under estimate the retardedness of car owners.
To get a full look at the cam you will likely almost need to remove the cams.
Put zip ties on the cam gears around the tbelt so it doesnt come off.
Youll be able to remove the cam caps and expose the entire cam look for any markings that would indicate brake etc.
You'll need a torque wrench to put everything back together.

Evul9

ok, will hold off on that for now, i don't have a torque wrench and have to go somewhere soonish, but thanks, will do that when i have time. Thanks for all the help